Kara

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mosi

Reaction score
Hi!
My bunny Kara and I are new to this site, and wanted to become members since all the best bunny information I can find are here. Note, english isn't my first language so bear with me :D Kara became a part of our family in september 2011 by a sheer coincidence. My fiance was walking home one night, when he saw a rabbit sitting, literally, in the gutter. When he came home he asked me to come with him to check if everything was ok with the bunny, since the street he found her in isn't exactly "bunny friendly" with cars driving fast and so on. We went back, and there she was. Sitting alone on a sewer frame cover so scared she didn't move. We wanted to make sure she wasn't injured so we took her home. Nothing seemed wrong with her, besides she was obviously really scared. We put her in our old cat cage for the night, gave her a carrot (we had no idea what to feed a rabbit) and went to sleep. The next day we called everyone, the local vet, the lost animals department with the police, and the animal rescue foundation. No one was missing a bunny, but it was clearly a house rabbit. So someone lost her and didn't bother to look for her, or she was thrown out. If the owner had wanted to find her, it would have been pretty easy since we left information and pictures everywhere. The animal rescue shelter asked us to take her in until they could find a suitable home for her and we did.

Three months later, we got a call from the animal rescue, saying they had found a home. I had already fallen head over heels with her, but since my fiance and I are both students and live in a TINY apartment, it didn't make any sense to keep her. The day we took her the animal rescue, where the new owners would pick her up a few days later, I cried and cried. And after some discussion, we asked if it would be ok if we kept her. The new owners agreed and adopted another homeless bunny, so two bunnies got a new home that day :)

Since then, Kara has become a part of the family. It is not always easy to live with a bunny, especially since she is never in a cage and lives in the apartment. But slowly we have found a way to "bunny proof" our home, and now, only the occasional sweater or phone charger gets eaten (she eats everything!) if we forget to put it where she can't reach it. But I can live with that. She is lovely and well worth the hassle :)

Since we found Kara in the street, we have no idea of how old she is. When she had been with us for two months she started to behave oddly, circling my feet all the time, making oink noises, nipping and biting me and peeing everywhere. Needless to say, she had to be spayed. The vet guessed she was around 2-4 months old when we found her, so she is about 18 months now. She is a happy bunny who likes to eat, be petted and lounge around the apartment!

021.jpg

001.jpg

006.jpg

Latest posts

Back