Just Won't Stop...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crystalballl

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

I just got my new little buddy Smokey. I already had my Holland Lop, Holly. Both are fixed. But Smokey continues to mount Holly. It's getting annoying, because he just won't leave her alone. I don't think she's too impressed. And she has how resorted to pooing all over the pen, when she use to have pretty good litter habits.

Any suggestions or anything? It's quite annoying and I feel bad for my little girl.

Holly is about 2, and smokey is about 4.

Thanks

Crystal

I wish I could help, but my bunny Ronnie continues to try to hump my arm and he was neutered 11 months ago! Hopefully there's some other members who can offer you advice :?

It sounds like both are trying to assert dominance (your male through mounting, your female by marking her turf with fecals).

Since you've just gotten Smokey,you've just barely scratched the surface in terms of your bunnies working out their dominance issues. (I've been slowly working on bonding my two girls over the past several months. The one still insists on mounting her sister every now and again, just to say, "I am the boss.")

Jenk

How long it lasts will depend on your bunnies. Some will sort things out fairly quickly, and some seem like they will never quit arguing. Most likely even after they are bonded there will be the occasional spell of mounting.

Latest posts

Back