Just wondering

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Platypusstar

Reaction score
im not sure if this is in the right spot or not. i was wondering if anyone elses bunny huffs? Ceaser has been huffing abit lately, and im not sure if its something i should be worried about, stool is normal, no discharge anywhere, eatting and drinking. hes active and alert....is the huffing normal though??

overlandpark,greetings-been there done that,...huffing,well,not necessarily a problem,.listen to the lungs,stomach,.no discharges,good poops,watch her habits,.rabbits make a number noises,..and always better to catch a problem early,..sincerely james waller

I'm not sure what you mean by huffing but if itis a sound made on exertion or a sound that is made with each breath this woudn't be normal..
I just answered a thread on a bun panting in heat ; just wondering if this is the case with your bun.

he could have been breathing in a lot of dust from the cat litter; I think that you should try to keep him out of the cat litter box and if that same sound continues it would be best to take him to the vet
it could very well be from dust but i'm not sure.

if he ate the litter tht could be a big problem but with GI obstruction and not necessarily breathing. Sometimes they lick it off their feet but did you actually see him eating it?
Even dust free litter is dusty ; I know that because I buy it and I still see dust...

It's possible the kitty litter made him sneeze. What about using Feline Pine or some other natural cat litter? That way he could eat it w/o worry.

is it oder blocking? and is it cheaper then fresh step? if so then i'll just switch my cat too...ive noticed ceaser has been using the cat's litter box too (which isnt a bad thing, id rather that then him peeing on the floor) i just want him to be safe too.

I don't know. I use something similar already for my bunnies (wood stove pellets) and it's better than most litters for controlling odor for bunnies, but I don't know about cats.

Latest posts

Back