Just sitting here with my bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hakui

Reaction score
It's way past bedtime, but am sitting here, with Chaucer parked up on his armchair cleaning his tum. Now he sits up, ears at full mast, saying "hey who do you think you're looking at, and how about a carrot?"

There's a kind of mindlessness that's hard to get any other way than, well, just sitting mindlessly with your rabbit. Sometimes I wonder if he's doing the same thing - simply enjoying my mindlessness.

I totally get where you're coming from. Acacia enjoys sitting on the bed with me while I'm reading or doing homework and she likes to dig blankets when we put her on the couch with us. She's not very active anymore, so sitting with her mom and dad is her social time. There's a sense of time-lost while doing so, isn't there. Like, you keep putting off putting him in his pen and going to bed because cherished moments spent together are so ... cherished!

Like, you keep putting off putting him in his pen and going to bed because cherished moments spent together are so ... cherished!

^ that's why air mattresses were invented :p (though these days I sleep in the tent with my sugar gliders rather than on an air mattress in the bunny pen... I blame the darn cute bunnies for gnawing open my air mattress after the fitted sheet slid up when I had left the mattress out all day, exposing an apparently very tasty seam)

I tried that a few years ago... Unfortunately, Acacia did not take to it well. Plus she made all kinds of new noise so halfway through I put her back home in her pen (she was always most comfortable in her pen). Akina, on the other hand, had her sleepover with me and .. well, decided to use my head space as her litter box (despite having litterboxes in the room). I kind of maybe rolled into it. Woke me up good.

Back