Just hay eaters ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mariah

Reaction score
Does anyone else have buns with very sensitive tummys, who only eat hay ?
Both my buns cannot handle any veggies or pellets. They both only eat Timothy hay, orchard hay ,& organic hay- all oxbow brand. They get one or two treats a day- the oxbow Timothy treat

I had one for a long time eating only hay, but now she's on some veggies again (it makes it easier to get her into her cage and such at night). She's prone to cecal issues, so we keep her on minimal variety. She seems to handle parsley well though, so we give her a little of that every day.

Well, at least the hay is tolerable. Honestly, hay and water are the main things rabbits need. Veggies and pellets are just bonuses. They'll definitely live a long, happy life even with only eating hay. :)

It wouldn't hurt to find a supplement they can tolerate, just to give them additional nutrition. Hay is important to their digestive system and teeth, but does not provide all the vitamins and minerals they need to stay healthy.

Do they get odd sized poops when they eat other foods? I'm just wondering whether they're simply sensitive, or given their fur pattern and colour, whether perhaps they may actually both be megacolon bunns.

I agree that a supplement would be good, hay alone is fine for a time, but they really need the other nutrients.

Back