Just Figured Out

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarotknits

Reaction score
So for the last couple days I was wondering to myself, am I really a slave? Yes I clean his cage, yes I fill his bowl and his water and dustbuster his little poopies and make sure everything is clean and sparkly, but does that make me a slave? Then as I was sitting down outside his cage, petting him while he was resting comfortably at the side of his cage my other hand was picking out the choicest bits of hay from his hay feeder and feeding him by hand.. just to make sure he wasn't too hungry while he was getting pets I realized OH MY GOD I AM A SLAVE!

I've got it bad... really bad....:shock:

What was the moment you realized your baby had made you into a slave?

hmmm I realized long beforethis, but when it really stuck out was when I had Charlie and she was sick I weighed her food like 3times a day to see how much she was eating, and kept a complete notebook of like her every move or change. The vet laughed but I guess she was assured I'd tell her any changes then. lol

LOL, that's sweet. Its scary when your animals are sick. I had a guinea pig break a leg once and I took her to work with me everyday till she was better. She was the textile lab mascot there for a while.

I felt like today my bunny was a prince in a far off palace and I was fanning him with a palm leaf in one hand and feeding him a grape with the other. No wonder he binkies all the time.

I'll admit I'm a sucker for a pet store trip. I love to go shopping but shopping for pet stuff is one of my favorites.

I agree! I realized I was a slave when I would move furniture so that it's more convenient for Peter to get around LOL. I bake him bunny cookies and treats and when I took him to get neutered I was freaking out a lot. I love bunnss!!

I love that you moved furniture for your bun, I hope he appreciated it. I love my bun too! Another indicator I am bunny whipped was when I showed the present I'm going to buy for my bunny in a week or so. Its called the cottontail cottage and its basically a cardboard box with lots of levels and windows.. Husband said "Its a box". I said "Its a box with levels and windows, and I'm gonna get it for him". Hubby loves the bunny too he didn't argue past that.

I love that you moved furniture for your bun, I hope he appreciated it. I love my bun too! Another indicator I am bunny whipped was when I showed the present I'm going to buy for my bunny in a week or so. Its called the cottontail cottage and its basically a cardboard box with lots of levels and windows.. Husband said "Its a box". I said "Its a box with levels and windows, and I'm gonna get it for him". Hubby loves the bunny too he didn't argue past that.

I'm very new to rabbits and Col Brandon hasn't become a chewer yet, if you know something he'll like do tell. I bought all these chew toys and he hasn't touched em. I bought the flip and toss carrot, the kabobs with apple branches, rattle carrot ring,and single little wooden chews. I'm at a loss. When do they start chewing? He's about 7 weeks old now.

Honestly, I have all of those. I would leave those in the cage just in case because he could not chew on them for an x amount of time and then one day just chew them to bits but I know in my case I give peter a lot of empty tp rolls he loves cardboard I also buy him alot of those hay balls and I attach them to the side of his cage. I think they just gradually start chewing and they when really start chewing you'll definitely know lol.

Yeah sometimes Harvey won't touch his wicker nutty ball for days, aside from a few nibbles here and there. Then all of a sudden he becomes DistructoBun and he'll have that ball in pieces within a couple of days. He's currently working on the grass matt I got him. That one is taking longer to distroy.

Which reminds me he needs a new ball. He just finished it yesterday.

Yeah I got him a wicker ball and a tp tube he hasn't chewed. I guess I'll just wait for the chewing to kick in. He does like to chew on daddy's shoes and on my knitting bag. Those are just things he's not supposed to chew on. I'm sure he'll figure it out.:?

I have two pair of buns. It's fun to swap their toys around and watch them go into a chin rubbing frenzy! The same toy that one pair won't chew on the other pair might love to nom. Every weekend I trade toys around to keep them interested.

I knew I was a slave when I got my rabbit a friend to make her happier.

The downstairs pair live free roam in the bedroom/hall. My husband knew I was whipped when he complained that someone chewed a little hole in the butt of his new slacks. I responded that it was HIS FAULT for leaving his pants in the rabbit's way. After all, how is a little bun to move a pair of pants without leaving a little tooth damage? Totally his fault!

Crumpled up pieces of paper are wonderful toys! Have you tried cutting the ends off an oatmeal box, then put a treat in the middle, stuff from both sides with crumpled pieces of paper. It is a wonderful project to keep them busy :)

Yeah, I think I figured out I was a slave when, Smudge lay blissfully watching me clean out her cage, getting rid of the older hay while ensuring I left the best pieces behind for her.

I then groomed her carefully, since she is shedding a lot as her winter coat grows in. She then watched me clean up fur rsing packing tape since I did not want to disturb her by vacuuming.

Once this was done I petted her for a while, then cut out strips of rubber tape to mask the places where she has chewed on my ottoman and discourage further chewing.

Finally I set to work cleaning and cutting her evening vegetables.

Latest posts

Back