Just curious....litter training

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mysticcrystal

Reaction score
Hello. I've been potty training my bunnies for 3 weeks now. They're kinda good about it. I see them go to their box in their cage and Footfoot also uses the one in our living room. I noticed that they always pee in the box, but they also poo everywhere in their cage. Is this going to improve? Can bunnies be really litter trained and go only in the litter box? I was curious about this because, I've seen pics of the bunnies in this forum with poo on their blanket too. :confused2:

They are most likely territorial marking. You bunnies are separated right? If not, they need to be, regardless of if they were litter mates or they are young.
Some rabbits will always go on fabric, others wont. It might be something you can train out of them with work, but I'm not sure. Fixing them *should* also stop the territorial marking, a proper bond will also help.

Ours use the litter boxes to pee, but they don't always leave their poo in a box. We had one out of 37 that would only pooh and pee in a litter box. Very fastidious and bossy bun.

Latest posts

Back