Just Built New Cage!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madisonl702

Reaction score
I got some wood,nails, wire, paint, hinges etc. and now I have a cage! Here it is, it's 5 feet tall!

Wow! That's a masterpiece, hats off to you! The only thing I'd change is the ladder/ramp, a bunny could get their feet caught in the gaps, and it's also a bit on the steep side. Having wide steps attached to the side your bunny can hop on might be a safer option. Other than that it looks amazing.

Wow that buns lucky great job on the cage it looks great. I would also agree on changing the ramp.

Thanks, but the ramp is temporary until I find a good replacement. And good ideas for a ramp?

Well done!!! If you can do this, the ramp should be a cinch! You can find this low carpeting at the "everything's a dollar store" for a buck a square. It's awesome stuff.

rabbit ramp 2.jpg

RabbitRampCleats.JPG

Ok, thank you! I will try to find that fast. Is there any other things that would make my bunny more comfy?

That looks wonderful! :) How much did it cost to build, if you don't mind me asking? I'm currently looking for ideas, for building my new bun's pen.

I agree with the other posters though, I would give the bunny a flat ramp. Your bunny could get his/her feet in it and get them stuck (and possibly break them, I learned this the hard way from a very unfortunate experience with one of my buns).

Until you can get a different ramp, I would suggest removing it altogether. It would be better for her to be confined to the lower level for awhile than to risk injury on that ramp.

Back