Just bought a bunny with possible birth defect! Help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She is so fantastic. She gives kisses, and just loves to be pet and cuddled. She loves her belly stroked, which is crazy because I can feel the babies, such a miracle and scary thing at the same time! She is just a sweetheart, I really love her!

She is beautiful. Absolute gorgeous coloring. And though I love long hair, rexes are just so plush. I had the opportunity of getting to meet one. Lovely soft coat.

Wishing her all the luck with her babies. Please keep us posted on your beautiful girl. And regarding the foot, doesn't take anything away of how beautiful and sweet she is.

Thanks for sharing.

K :)

I'm so happy you kept her. Chances are, the petstore would have euthanized her because they would have been unable to sell her.
I think a vet visit is good, just in case it's something serious. But for now, I'm glad you kept her. :) She looks like she's smiling in the first picture!

Just an update on Little foot. I think the young rabbit pellets (more calcium), and the way bigger cage is really helping her foot to develop! I find she is using that foot more now, and the bend in the foot is starting to develop a little better! She will probably never use it like the other foot, but it is looking much better!

She is such a cute bun! Im a sucker for mini rex. I have a neutered male mini rex :)
They are great bunnies! Keep us updated after the vet visit!

TBH it sounds more like a break or strain in that leg, not a birth defect. It sounds like the foot is causing her pain, that's why she doesn't use it and doesn't bend it. The way she's holding it, it looks tender. That combined with it seeming to improve makes me think it's an injury. I would have the vet see it soon, because if it's a break that's healing, you don't want it to heal poorly or incorrectly.

tonyshuman wrote:
TBH it sounds more like a break or strain in that leg, not a birth defect. It sounds like the foot is causing her pain, that's why she doesn't use it and doesn't bend it. The way she's holding it, it looks tender. That combined with it seeming to improve makes me think it's an injury. I would have the vet see it soon, because if it's a break that's healing, you don't want it to heal poorly or incorrectly.

The leg is actually shorter than the other. But thank you for your input, and taking her very soon :)

Back