"Just A Rabbit"

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipp

Reaction score
"Just A Rabbit"

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a rabbit," or, "that's a lot of money for just a rabbit."

They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just a rabbit." Some of my most memorable moments have come about with "just a rabbit."

Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a rabbit," but I did not once feel slighted. Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "just a rabbit," and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a rabbit" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.

If you, too, think it's "just a rabbit," then you will probably understand phases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a promise." "Just a rabbit" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy. "Just a rabbit" brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person.

Because of "just a rabbit" I will rise to meet a challenging day, and start it with a smile. And no matter what challenges I may lose today, there will be more smiles to compensate. So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a rabbit" but an embodiment of all that�s soft,kind, calming, caring and funny -- the enthusiasm for the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment. "Just a rabbit" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day.

I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a rabbit" but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a man." So the next time you hear the phrase "just a rabbit." just smile, because they "just don't understand."

adapted from �Musings� by Richard Biby, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

Wow, that was beautiful and so true. I get tired of hearing that phrase myself, "just a rabbit." Those comments come from the niave and ignorant. My rabbits are like my best friends (except for Tank, jk!) Seriously though, they are filled with so much personality, curiousity, funny antics and lots of love. They put a smile on my face too!

that is so true! no one around here understands. Just last week (maybe two weeks ago, i dont really remember), my dad's wife was trying to convince me to ask the vet how much Ivory's dental procedures would cost, and that I shouldn't do it if it costs too much:X. yea like that would happen!

Our "JustTwo Rabbits" have improved our marriage!

Whenever we are mad or grumpy, we sit with the rabbits for a few minutes and that cheers us up. We are always looking forward to coming home and seeing them. And when I travel for business, my husband has "just two rabbits" to entertain him!

I love that, and with your permission, I would like to copy and post it onto a site of mine. It's just a myspace site, but I think it would be the perfect way to describe to people that come to my site (and see more pictures of my animals than of me) just how far my love for my babies extends.

Let me know if it's okay with you. :)

What a wonderful way to express bunny love...:)

I was telling someone before I lost BunBun (Bundo, Dupa, SuperDDoopers-his nicknames) of the meds he was on for his heart condition and she said "For a rabbit."

Ok, I will finally admit this. I make up songs, using theirnamesand sing them to my rabbits!Who else does this? I was gonna start a thread about this but never did, now is the time. Come, on you can admit it!:anyone:

Aww, pipp...That was so awesome! I have tears!

All of it is so true. Sometimes when I come home from a bad day atwork, no human could give me the comfort that my girls give me:great::great:

i agreeeee totaly! every animal has a soul, and personality. people just think its dogs and cats that are the only animals worth caring for. I was so mad a month ago my parakeet i had for 5 years died, and i was so close to it.. and a kid goes whats wrong at school (the day my bird died).. and of course when i told him he said "its just a bird!" well i dont have dogs and cats! this is my pet! and today my lil bunny got nuetered, and i cant get him till tomorrow. and was really worried about him, still am, but do people understand that? NO!

people need to look at animals as not just something low in the food chain, but a living creature with a personality that is capable of loving you.

That was lovely. My husband asked me several times why on earth I wanted another rabbit, and said he didn't like them :(.He wondered why I was travellingso far because it was "only a rabbit".However, he saw how much it meant to me and was happy to let me go ahead and getmy house bunny.

Last night, I was sweeping out Bandit's room and he went past, gave Bandit a cuddle and a big fuss and said "He's lovely, isn't he?" We've only had Bandit for a week tomorrow, but already my hubby cannot imagine our home without him. He's completely smitten by our little bundle of fluff, and brings home his friends so they can meet him :D. Definately not "just a rabbit"!

Hehe...I know what you mean, Rogue! It took a LOT of bargaining to be able to bring home our kitties originally (just over two years ago), and our boss (who owned the mama kitty) finally had to bargain with him as well!!

Needless to say, my husband is absolutely smitten with the kitties, and thinks their simply wonderful! I know for a fact that he can't imagine life without them. It took about six months for him to warm up to them (being as they were quite young when we brought them home, so they were VERY mischevious...heck, still are...and he wasn't too keen on that), but he goes all cuddly and sweet with them quite often, and LOVES playing with them.

When we brought home Maisie (whom we brought home a few months before Flower), he warmed up and was talking all cuddly to her the SAMENIGHT! Hehe...I think anyone that can resist the Power of Bunis just kidding themselves. The Power is just too strong! :D

You should see him with Flower...just too cute! :D

He wasn't an animal person when I met him, but boy have I converted him now! He even tells stories of what the buns or the kitties did recently to his friends when they come over! Hehe!!

Latest posts

Back