June Litters

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be amazing to see :D. Even those pictures were wonderful! Must be such a feeling to see new life being brought into the world!

It really is! :colors:

And to see the mom push and then seeing the baby litterally 'POP' out and start squeaking and wriggling... it is breath taking! :bunnydance:

But then comes the task and worries of whether or not these babies will live up to your expectations as show rabbits, will they mature to how you hoped when you bred the parents in the first place... and will the Gender Fairy bless you this time or decide to make a mockery of you...lol. :shock:

~Sunshine

Hello Everyone,
Beautiful bunnys. I am new to this forum. I have 2 litters this month.
1 is from my older doe Thistle. She is 3 I have had her for a year this is her 4th litter for me. She had 4 kits this time, I'm wondering if it's the heat that caused such a small litter, she usually produces 8 or 9 in a litter. She was a show rabbit before I got her. Not real sure what breed she is as I didn't think to ask when I bought her and I was buying for meat producers. Thistle was bred to a cinnamon colored buck Bullwinkle.
this is Thistle
P1010008.jpg

The second litter is from Ara. Ara is 5 months old this is her first litter. She had 8 kits. She is Thistle's daughter from her first litter with me. Ara is also bred to a cinnamon colored buck Buttercup
This is Ara.
P1010004.jpg

Thistle's litter 3 black/grays 1 white
P1010009.jpg

Ara's litter 4 blacks/grays and 4 whites
P1010005.jpg

These are my two bucks
Bullwinkle
P1010006.jpg

Buttercup
P1010007.jpg

Thanks for looking

Well my parents got a wild baby bunnies born not too long ago. I know that they are not house pets but they are june babies.

Click on images to make larger

Baby wild bunnies.:bunnydance::bunnydance:

Awwwwwww so tiny and I am so glad we had our digi cam too. I got pics of them.

this is when we first got there. They got a little big of hair so looks like about a week old. My mom just found them few days ago.

Mamma feeding her bubs and then leaving.

I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way, but is it ok to let a domestic rabbit have four litters in one year? That seems an awefull lot to me. It would be spending most of it's time pregant or nursing wouldn't it?

minilops wrote:
I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way, but is it ok to let a domestic rabbit have four litters in one year? That seems an awefull lot to me. It would be spending most of it's time pregant or nursing wouldn't it?
Actually, it is not a large number of litters per year...

12 Months/yr, 1 Month Gestation (31 days), 2 Months w/mom (8wks) -

4 litters per year gives mom 1 month pregnant, 2 months with a litter, and 1 month rest before breeding again.

This has been my breeding practice, give or take, for the last 3 yrs.

~Sunshine

minilops wrote:
It would be spending most of it's time pregant or nursing wouldn't it?
Keep in mind that this is exactly what the rabbit is designed to do. In the wild, the European rabbit (that our domestics are descended from) produce 3 -7 litters per year and will rebreed immediately after giving birth.

According to the source below, European wild rabbits have a reproductive life of up to six years.

http://www.wildinfo.com/facts/Erabbit.asp?page=/facts/Erabbit.asp

Pam

Ok, thanks as I wasn't too sure. Here in NZ there is a message board I often post on and they all get very angry if they hear of anyone breeding a domestic rabbit (usually hollands or minis) more than twice a year saying that it's too harsh on the mother. Are there many differences on how it affects a domestic as compared to a wild rabbit?

Hi Sunny Bunny Rabbitry, I was wondering if my daughter could use your pictures of your doe kindling for a informational poster during the fair in our rabbit barn?

Deena
:bambiandthumper

minilops wrote:
Ok, thanks as I wasn't too sure. Here in NZ there is a message board I often post on and they all get very angry if they hear of anyone breeding a domestic rabbit (usually hollands or minis) more than twice a year saying that it's too harsh on the mother. Are there many differences on how it affects a domestic as compared to a wild rabbit?

No.

Pam

Latest posts

Back