Jumped from my arms to the floor

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetie

Reaction score
Well tonight I was holding Sweetie and she decided to jump from my arms onto the floor which is about 5ft. Well she hops just fine, no broken or sprained bones. I did notice that her lip was split a little. Katie: will you post the pic, the clearest one that I sent you, please?

I cleaned it up and put ice on it for a bit. I also cuddled Sweetie as she was scared from jumping 5ft to the floor. I am going to keep an eye on the sore mouth for a few days to make sure that it doesn't get infected. I just have $68 on my care credit, that is only enough for an office visit, not enough to get meds if needed. But if her mouth does show any sign of infection I will get her in.
I will be calling the vet in the morning and seeing if I can get Sweetie in because I am so worried about her. I just checked my care credit account and I have $103 instead of $68. YAY I can get her in hopefully tomorrow.
As many of you know, Sweetie is my heart bunny and I love her very much. I about had a heart attack tonight when she jumped from my arms to the floor. She is hopping jsut fine, no broken or sprained bones/muscles.
I am hoping that there isn't a problem and she is actually going to be okay and her lip will heal just fine.

Well she is eating okay and drinking some which I saw this morning. So hopefully her lip is okay as well.

I called the vet and left a message but will be calling them again soon if I don't hear from them. I am hoping that I can get in today but if not hoping that I can get her in tomorrow.

Thank you for your kind replies, greatly appreciate them.

Just heard from the vet and he said that it should heal on its own and to just moniter Sweetie. If her lip swells or gets infected then I have to bring her in.

Hey Marsha, sorry that happened but I'm sure you're not the only one. I know for a fact Toby has jumped out of my friend Maddi's arms (who also has rabbits, so she was doing everything right), and also out of my arms. Toby's scuffed up his mouth a few times and while I was a basket case worrying about him when it happened, he came through it no problem.

Try not to worry <3

Thank you Marissa. Yeah Sweetie is my heart bunny, so I have heart attacks when something happens to her. I don't know what I would do if I ever lost her.

Latest posts

Back