Josie has head tilt

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope she feels better real soon.

Prayers5-1.jpg

Thanks Alicia
I just have to write a quick update on Josie..she had her second injection on Thursday and she still has to be syringed fed as she is still not eating or drinking on her own.
Gosh the night before Josie came down with head tilt my son broke his arm
And yes im still using a mobile to write this..should have new laptop next week.
So could you all just send Josie lots of please eat on your own thoughts
I have begged her so much already.

slavetoabunny wrote:
:party0002:Eat Josie!:party0002:Eat Josie!:party0002:Eat Josie!:party0002:Eat Josie!:party0002:Eat Josie!:party0002:Eat Josie!:party0002:Eat Josie!:party0002:Eat Josie!:party0002:Eat Josie!:party0002:Eat Josie!:party0002:
LOL that'll make us all eat!!!!!!!!!:biggrin2:

slavetoabunny wrote:
:party0002:Eat Josie!:party0002:Eat Josie!:party0002:Eat Josie!:party0002:Eat Josie!:party0002:Eat Josie!:party0002:Eat Josie!:party0002:Eat Josie!:party0002:Eat Josie!:party0002:Eat Josie!:party0002:Eat Josie!:party0002:
Just don't let her eat the pompoms.

Thanks guys..you have all cheered me up...i miss having my pc just when i need it now as well..i am so looking forward to getting my new laptop.
Pet bunny it was Anthony that broke his arm while playing basketball..hes complaining because he cannot go to work for six weeks.
Anyway Josie is still pretty much the same i have to now add diluted cordial to her water because she is refusing plain water.

Sorry guys i had to start another post.
Anyway to carry on from my last post..having to feed Josie on my own has been very hard she struggles i get stressed and end up crying and begging Josie..i just want her to get better.
I want to add a big sad looking smilie but i dont know how to add them while using a mobile.
Thanks again guys
*smiles and waves at everyone*

I had just made up some critical care which i made into little balls...i was hoping she would eat it on her own but Sunny had other ideas as she quickly grabbed it and gobbled it all up the little piggy lol.
Anyway now that Josie is all settled for a while i will go and have my tea which i had made home made sausage rolls which i add bbq and tomato sauce...yum.
Oh and Josie never ate any of that critical care that i made.

Just wanted to say that Josie is at the vets..i just dropped her off
She looked really off this morning and her head looked more tilted..my poor Josie...she will be coming home today though.
Also Maureen or someone know if Engemycin is ok and would that be enough for her or is there more i could do?
My poor Josie:(:

Maureen i will have to ask the vet if that injection goes by another name as i just wrote down what was written on josies reciept.
But guys...Josie is doing very poorly now...her head is tilted right over...last monday when she was weighed at the vet she weighed 2.5 kg...today she weighs 2.37 kg she has lost weight...the vet also mentioned about doing a curette (sp)in her ear..is that even safe?
My poor Josie :'( i cannot even post a picture of her at the moment because i have no pc.

I have to start giving Josie her injections myself now..the vet tried to show me how to do it today..i tried but my hand was shaking but i will try again on monday...or if i have trouble the nurse will come out to my home to give her the injection because Josie doesnt do to well in the car with her head tilt..she kinda twists her head around
So going to the vet every three days is just to stressfull..so its up to me now..i have to be brave.

Anyway as soon as i get my new pc i will definitely post a few pictures of Josie with her head tilt..poor thing
Oh well i just thought i would do a little update.

Thanks Crystal..i appreciate that very much.
I feel so sorry for Josie...i just wish i could do more for her.

Hi Cheryl, some advice for you on the injection:

I am guessing it is sub q injection. I have a practice suggestion for you, and it is going to sounds really really stupid but it helps. Buy some peaches, or a similar soft fruit with 'skin'. Use one needle for practice. Fill it with water, and practice giving the peach injections. The texture of the needle entering a ripe peach feels like skin. You can't really tent the skin, but this technique is practiced often by Doctors to get the angle correct and stop the hands from shaking. Do it repeatedly, and be confident.

The nice part is you can still eat the peaches after!

When you give Josie the injection, be confident. Get someone to help you restrain her so she doesn't jump. When the needle hits pressure- don't stop, push even though it feels tough. It should only take a moment to 'pop' through the skin. If it feels like there is too much resistance, or seems like the needle is going too far without the 'pop', take it out and try a new place. It really doesn't hurt them much if at all when it is inserted. If the plunger feels too hard to push down on, you might be injecting into the skin. You just need to push the injection forward more.

The worst that can happen is you poke muscle (don't worry, you will know if this happens and it is unlikely). That might draw blood. Or nick a capillary, which may also draw blood. Or inject into the skin. In any of the outcomes, the rabbit will live and it will just take longer for the medicine to be absorbed into the body. I have done all three of the above- it is hard not to when you are giving 3 injections a day to several rabbits at a time! I felt bad but the rabbits didn't.

I know you can do it! And Josie may take awhile to show improvement. If there is one thing we can learn about rabbits, it is that they do everything by their own schedule.

Latest posts

Back