JimD's Warren

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahaha,great pictures Jim!,Binkie looks ever so cute:)

Jimsays....Output doesn't lie. This litter pan was clean thenight before, and she managed to get it overflowing by morning:disgust:

well..you know she's healthy then lol

cheryl

Aww Im in love with S'more. Ive always wanted a little dutch girl (and a tort too!).

Tell her she's welcome in Michigan anytime you come into town. She can meet my handsome (and single!) boys...

;)

Hellllo... apparently my daddy bought oxbow.. i didnt know how much he bought.. until it was delieved!!!

:shock2::shock2::shock2::shock2::shock2::shock2::shock2:

oxbow.jpg

THAT IS A 70LB BOX OF HAY!!! OH MY GOOD GEE GOLLY WIZ!!

Oh yea we ordered that size. It s alot. I love it though its for four buns it still last.

The Pet Goods by us just started carrying Oxbow products. I was so excited!!!!
I bought one of the 40 oz bags of timothy hay and it lasted 3 days. Thebuns LOVED it and ate most of it......instead of just tossing at eachother.

The price was a bit high though @$9.99.

Even with the shipping,the50# baleonlycame to $60 and should last about 2 months or so. The same amount ofKaytee would cost about $125. CHA-Ching!!!

The last bag of Kaytee was unfit for the buns, because there were allkinds of weeds and stalks and vines and crap in it. I'll be returningit directly to Kaytee with a letter saying that I will no longer bebuying their products. I don't even really care about getting a refund.I just want them to know how unsatisfied I am, and that I'll pass myopinion on to my fellow bunnie owners ALL OVER THE WORLD!!!
Even the timothy cubes look like they have crud mixed in. The buns areleaving residuals of what looks like ground up stalks and other garbageplants from the cubes. I didn't see the Oxbow cubes in the store, butI'll ask them to start ordering them for me. And I'll be switching fromthe Kaytee Timothy Complete over to the Oxbow pellets as well.

Oxbow and Woody Pet....It can't get much better:bunnydance:

`jim

JimD wrote:
Ibought one of the 40 oz bags of timothy hay and it lasted 3 days. Thebuns LOVED it and ate most of it......instead of just tossing at eachother.

The price was a bit high though @$9.99.

Even with the shipping,the50# baleonlycame to $60 and should last about 2 months or so. The same amount ofKaytee would cost about $125. CHA-Ching!!!

40 oz, $9? 50 lbs, $60? :laugh:

I used to do that. :wink

100_2223.jpg

This I thinkcost me $40. :) Isplit it with a friend (Aurora/Dawn), an she dropped it off.:hug2: I paid around $14 a bale plusgas.I think all totalled it'stwo and ahalf 90 lb bales. ;)

I've used a lot of it, so it doesn't quite go up to the ceilinganymore, but it does still span the length of the tub (couldn't get anangle to show that), andthere's a bale lying flat on alongthe bottom under the other bale and bags. I'm going throughat least one of those green garbage bags full every week for my fourhay eaters (and hay players).

Of course it would be nice to still have the use of mybathtub, but hey! Anything for the bunnies! :biggrin:

(I'd probably just put another rabbit in there anyway). :brownbunny

sas :crazinessand the grass

naturestee wrote:
LOL! Yeah, I'm actually buying farmer hay nowtoo. But Jim lives in New Jersey. Need I say more?

Makes you wonder why NJ is called the "Garden State", eh?!?

There's a couple of places where I can go to get fresh bales, but it'sand hour and a half one way. And I've got an itty bitty car, too.
I need to hook up with someone that has a van or truck so I can pick up a couple of bales.

A local feed store here sells whole bales foraround 6 bucks, but the hay looks so crappy compared to Oxbow. I paidabout 20 bucks for the 9 pound box. But that was also with a 25% offcoupon they send me every 3 months. But it works out since it usuallytake me about that much time to go through that much. Of course it willbe less time than that now since José is part of the group and he is areal hay fiend.

mambo101 wrote:
Alocal feed store here sells whole bales for around 6 bucks, but the haylooks so crappy compared to Oxbow. I paid about 20 bucks for the 9pound box. But that was also with a 25% off coupon they send me every 3months. But it works out since it usually take me about that much timeto go through that much. Of course it will be less time than that nowsince José is part of the group and he is a real hay fiend.
Actually, I've discovered that 'crappy' is subjective to bunnies.;) I've been watching all mine pull the brown stuff outfirst, they seem to prefer it! And I also made a point ofgetting 1st cut Timothy, which is MUCH higher fiber than secondcut. It was much cheaper I think, about $4 a bale.They'll eat it, but not as enthusiastically. They leave a lotmore of it behind, although if it's all they've got, the big hay eatersin the back room (Radar and Darry) will finish all of it.(That's probably why they're so healthy).

The second cut this time around was pretty dirty and had some earwigsin it, but nobunny seems to mind, they quite like it. Noallergies with this lot.

But you do have to watch for Blister Beetles, dead or alive.They can be deadly if eaten, but seeing as the same holds true forhorses, feed stores are pretty careful about that. And theymay be more of a southeastern thing, I'll have to look thatup. (I found that out when doing all the research re: Pez'smouth problem, thanks for the reminder, I forgot to post it).

JimD wrote:
There's a couple of placeswhere I can go to get fresh bales, but it's and hour and a half oneway. And I've got an itty bitty car, too.
I need to hook up with someone that has a van or truck so I can pick up a couple of bales.

The feed store or barn should let you break it up into lighter andsmaller bags, and for that price, if they can't all fit in your car,it's still well worth the effort. :) Just balanceoff the price of gas, the stress of driving on your back, and whether atrip to the country is economical and soothing, or a completenightmare. Who knows, you may come home with a few pigs,chickens and sheep. ;) (I came thisclose to birdnapping thecutest, friendliest little Cornish Game Hen -- I almost cried when Ifound what breedthe little guy was.:cry1: I've avoided the poultry sections of the grocery storelike the plague ever since).

But I digress...

sas

Pipp wrote:
I've used a lot of it, so it doesn't quite go up to the ceilinganymore, but it does still span the length of the tub (couldn't get anangle to show that), andthere's a bale lying flat on alongthe bottom under the other bale and bags. I'm going throughat least one of those green garbage bags full every week for my fourhay eaters (and hay players).

Of course it would be nice to still have the use of mybathtub, but hey! Anything for the bunnies! :biggrin:

(I'd probably just put another rabbit in there anyway). :brownbunny

sas :crazinessand the grass

Too funny, sas!!!
I was thinking that the tub in the bunnies bathroom would be a goodplace to store it in my place too!! However I wash the drop pans fromthe cages in that tub, so I'd have to keep moving the hay.

I've got a garage and a shed, but I wanted to keep it away from the critters (mice, bugs, etc.).
Now that we've got a dehumidifier in the basement, that might have to be the storage place.

Right now it's still sitting in the living room until I empty out enough so that I can move it without hurting my back.

We have a riding/boarding stables close by. I keep forgetting to stopby and see if they can sell me some hay. It's only a few miles, so Icould make a few trips back and forth if necessary.

:pinkbouce::pinkbouce::pinkbouce::pinkbouce::pinkbouce::pinkbouce::pinkbouce::pinkbouce::pinkbouce::pinkbouce::pinkbouce::pinkbouce:

YEYEYEYEYEYEY!! ITZZZ MAHH BIRFFDAY!! and my mommies toooo!!

:pinkbouce::pinkbouce::pinkbouce::pinkbouce::pinkbouce::pinkbouce::pinkbouce::pinkbouce::pinkbouce::pinkbouce::pinkbouce::pinkbouce:

:bunnydance::pinkelepht::bunnydance::pinkelepht::bunnydance::pinkelepht::bunnydance::pinkelepht::bunnydance::pinkelepht::bunnydance::pinkelepht::bunnydance::pinkelepht::bunnydance::pinkelepht::bunnydance::pinkelepht::bunnydance:

I had some pics that I never got around to posting.
MrsD picked this up at a candle shop in the Poconos.

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back