Jersey Wooly Breeders?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stinkybunnies

Reaction score
I am looking for a Jersey wooly baby but having an impossible time finding any in Arizona. I live in Tucson, but would be willing to drive up to 2 hours, or meet half-way with someone to find the right bunny. I love the size and look of them and have read over and over that they are very docile.

If you know of anyone, or breed jersey woolies, would you let me know? I might also be interested in other dwarf breeds, but am looking primarily for temperament (docile, social) and size (under 3 lbs). Prefer ababy, and willpay a reasonable price for one.

I have a large 2-story custom built cage and will let the bunny out every day for exercise and socialization.

Thanks!
Jill

Thanks!

I contacted two people off the jersey wooly breed page so hopefully one of them will reply. I did already check petfinder and craigslist. Petsmart, etc, around here don't sell animals, only Petland and I'm not so sure I want to go to a pet store. I couldn't find any jersey woolies anywhere.

I did find one in a rescue, but it had a lot of issues and they refused to adopt it out to someone who had children I know everyone pushes to adopt a rescue, but honestly, most of the rescue sites I saw really put me off from rescuing. I swear, the adoption form was longer than any employment app I've ever filled out, and longer than the forms I had to fill out to raise a puppy for Guide Dogs for the Blind. I wish rescues would understand that they turn off a lot of good homes when they get so demanding (personal and vet reference, requiring monthly check-ins, high adoption fees ($70), etc...

Hopefully will hear back from one of the two breeders. I did find a very nice breeder of netherland dwarfs so if I can't find a wooly, will probably get one of her babies when they are ready to go.

Thanks!
Jill

I understand about the difficulty of adopting from rescues. I have adopted 3 bunnies from an animal shelter and I found they were much more reasonable, while still educating and screening adopters, so perhaps checking your local shelters would be a good option, even if it's not likely they have what you are looking for at this time.

Just an update, still haven't found anyone in the state that breeds Jersey Woolys. If anyone knows of a breeder in AZ, or a breeder who maybe shows down here or willing to meet part-way from S. California, would appreciate it. They are really beautiful and seem to have the personality I'm looking for.

Thanks!
Jill

I looked in the NJWRC member directory and there isn't any members on there for AZ. Sorry... so maybe try to find shows in your area and see if there are any exhibitors there with woolies.

Latest posts

Back