Jazz and Spazz

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awww Soooska! I love seeing my bunnies togethertoo. They are sooo cute, they binky together and run around togetherand poop together. I love watching them, they are so so soentertaining!

Today I stuck my hand in to clean up all the poo pellets and wouldn'tyou know... one of them started nibbling on my thumb and then...

a lick.

I was in bunny heaven!!!! I still am!! :heartbeat:

Dear RO members,

Mommy and Daddy were upset last night because we were running around inour cage constantly, moving our litter and digging on top of our rabbithut. It's not our fault that the cage is loud! Daddy was angry that thewater bottle would hit the side of the cage once in a while when wedrank (And we drank often from all that running!) that he got up andwent into another room to sleep.

I do think we played all night long! Of course, mommy would get up oncein a while to tell us to settle down, but we'd get right back to itwhen she laid down. :colors:

Is there a way we can please our mommy and daddy? So we can be a littleless hyper during the night? I don't want daddy to be mad at us forlong. He thinks it is because we were let out right before bedtime thatwe were hyper all night in our cage, but to be honest we were justhyper period!

I am sure mommy and daddy would love your suggestions!

Signed,

:bunny5Jazz and Spazz :bunny5

Well, letting you out right before bedtimeactually should help you exert some of that energy! But, you are stillvery young so tell Daddy it should get better as you get older. Also,once you have a bigger cage that your Mommy is planning on buildingyou, you should have more room to play without making so much noise :)

I suggest earmuffs. I have mine in the room at first the noise drove me insane. Now I can't fall asleep with out it.

Also I noticed who ever is let out last is usually the one that makes less noise at night.

Hi Jazz and Spazz, you can tell your Mommie andDaddy that if they think you are to noisy they can send you to livewith all of my babies. You would look so nice playingtogether as mine are all white and the two of you are black.

We are all looking forward to when you arrive.

Susan and the Gang:bunnydance::apollo::bunny19:bunnyheart

I would definilty let them out for a long playbefore bed time. Let them get all that extra energy out oftheir systems before bedtime. If you can get them into aroutine they will probably settle into it. Let them play tillthey are tired and don't want to run around anymore.

--Dawn

Well, we moved the bunnies out of the bedroomand into the living room. I am so happy that we did this change! I wasso very cranky when I got up this morning because of lack of sleep.They were very loud this morning.

So we moved some things around. I really think they like it in thisarea. We let them out onto the piddle pads (they haven't been biting atthe piddle pads, only digging, so everything works out great withthat!) and they hopped around, did some binkies, and nudged both mineand Seth's hands for some pets. Andi was being an okay kitty. Shecharged at them a couple of times, batting them with her paw (no clawsthough) so I think she was trying to play but she has no idea of how todo that yet. She mostly just sat and watched though.

I am hoping to make a little play pen now so they can be let out moreoften. This set up makes it so much easier. they hop out of their cageand they can always hop back in whenever they want. They seemed muchmore relaxed when they hopped out and spent time with us today.

Here are some pics of the area:

bunnycage.jpg

bunnycage1.jpg

Plenty of room. I always move the arm chair so it's no problem to moveit so they have a big enough area to run around. And there is plenty ofroom for a bigger cage in the future!

I think they also have upset tummies. They have mushy poo that I'vebeen cleaning up all day. It isn't smelly (unless I stick my nose init... as if I want to do that!) so I'm not worried and they've beeneating and drinking. Hence, I think they have upset tummies. AFterreading they should have unlimited pellets, I upped their pellet amountby a lot. Perhaps I shouldn't have done this. :?

Anyways, the mushy poo is becoming better as the day goes on. I haven'tbeen giving them pellets but they've been eating their hay, so once themushy poo syndrome is a little better I will give them a normal dose ofpellets.

And with this, I leave you my disgruntled bunny look. They weren't mador anything, but I snapped a picture at exactly the right time I guess!

disgruntled.jpg

Very cute Bunnies.

I noticed you have a cord of some sort near there cage, I would be verycareful with that as rabbits tend to chew cords and can get shocks andalso destroy your cords. You can actually buy cord protectorsto cover up the cords.

Have you ever thought of making them a cage with the NICpanels. In the area you have there cage you could make them areal nice size cage so they have lots of room to play in.(just a thought)

Susan :bunnydance:

Just noticed on your other thread that you are thinking of building a bigger cage.

Thanks guys! They are really turning into being my baby boys!

Yes, Hubby is probably going to have to move his "surround sound"speaker. lol! That is what the cord is to. I can't tell a difference inthe sound on the tv because I am hard of hearing and I have no clue ifit works... and he never watches tv in there. So away it goes! :):whistling

I've just been too lazy to move it but he makes sure the boys doesn't get to it when they are out.

Can't wait to build them the bigger cage!

:thanks:

Hubby and I went to target today, so you know what that means! :bunnydance:

Picture time! I will have a movie uploaded soon too so no fears! Youwill see both bunnies in actionduring this new adventure oftheirs!

On to ze makeshift playpen. (Makeshift only because I am going to build another NIC cage to hook onto this playpen. :cool:

playpen.jpg

playpen3.jpg

playpen1.jpg

playpen2.jpg

They were having so much fun. Of course they started digging in acorner and was able to get to the carpet so as soon as we can afford adecent kind of mat, like coroplast, I think we will use either piddlepads (which worked well) or a bath mat. (Which cleans well, but isprobably kind of slippery)

The hubby is working on uploading the video to youtube so it might takea day for it to come up. When it does I'll post a link on here so youcan see.

The organize-its that we bought came with 23 grids, so we have about 14grids left. Do you think that is enough to make a cage for them? iwould love to make a cage that connects to this playpen!

Here it is guys!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVwwVtsCkFU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVwwVtsCkFU[/ame]

It is in two parts. The first part is one of thebunniesfinally coming out to see their new area and showinghow happy they are.

The second half is both of them outdoing binkiesaroundmy kitty, Andi. Andi was so surprised I dont think sheknew what to do lol!

Enjoy! :bunny18

That was so cute, it looks like they are having a wonderful time,

Susan and the Gang:bunnydance::apollo::bunny19:bunnyheart

They are so adorable! Their little pen looks great!

Oh, and if you ever need an idea for covering a cord, you can use thisplastic cable cover they sell at autozone that slides right over it.Its so cheap and works great! I cant remember what its called buttheres a pic in the bunny 101.

we put a old bath curtain down as the floor totheir pen instead of the piddle pads and they love going out still, soit works well. I was worried they'd slide over it, but they don't.

The only problem now we are having is that Andi is being kind of a buttto them. She'll pat at them and it looks like she's going to bite them(a gentle bite) but I dont want her doing that at all. So I'll sprayher. She sometimes wiggles her butt like she's going to pounce and I'llspray her again when she does that.

She gets very very excited when the bunnies binky in their pen. I thinkshe thinks she can play too, but the problem is that they do adifferent play than she does. She hasn't harmed them at all and I amvery sure she hasn't brought out her claws once in stretching out forthem, but I am still worried.

The other day, my mom told me to watch the bunnies and Andi veryclosely because not only can cats hurt the bunnies, the bunnies canhurt cats. She said they flip on their backs and kick real hard withtheir back legs and it can rip a kitty's belly. That really scared meand now I am scared to let them interact but I know they will befriends someday. Andi could be acting much worse and she isn't. She'sjust excited I think.

Any ideas how to make this interaction go smoother/better? :shock:I don't want any hurt bunnies or hurt kitties.

Their tummies are much better. No more mushypoop, I am happy to report! :) Today Spazz was binkying like crazy inthe pen, it was sooo funny. He'd be standing there one minute,sniffing, and then gappaPOW! he jumps like ... a spazz.. and lands witha very happy and satisfied look on his face. Then he does it about 5more times in a row.

I decided to keep their intake of pellets the same (not unlimited)because I think it upset their stomachs so I'm not sure what to do.Don't want to malnourish the little guys, but they also don't eat allof the pellets I give them. They let it sit there for a very long timeif I give them a lot. So I'm just going to keep feeding them unlimitedhay and the same amount of pellets I've been feeding them before. :)

Hmm, so sorry all those pellets upset their tummies!

I guess there is such a thing as too much of a good thing! Maybe a slowincrease? Or I guess as long as they have all the hay they'reok.. *shrug*. They don't seem to be doing badly on limitedpellets. Maybe post something seperate in the main forum ifyou're concerned to see what other's think? Odd that yourcuties got diarrreah. :(

I love love the video!! Yousee so much more personality in the videos.

________
Nadia

Latest posts

Back