Jazz and Spazz

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krystalily

Reaction score
Hi guys! I am pretty much a new member with twobaby bunnies. I am not sure if they are mini lops, but I think theyare. They looked a lot like the mini-lops I have seen on this site.

When my husband brought them home on valentine's day, we set everythingup to look pretty spacious. They were a little nervous and kept huddledup next to each other while we tried to shower them with some lurve:

bunnies1.JPG

Then today I went out and got some new stuff for them. They got a newrabbit hut, some new shavings (after reading that pine shavings are badfor them), and some Timothy Hay. (Along with some rabbittoys)Here are the pics of how they reacted to it.

bunnies.jpg

Here is one of the bunnies checking out the hut. I may have to put moreshavings in there so they can burrow or something, but I do want tolitter train them eventually.

bunniejazz.jpg

I think this is Jazz eating the Timothy Hay we got them. They immediately chowed down on it!

bunniespazz.jpg

I think this is Spazz chillin out next to some of the new toys I got them.

bunnies1.jpg

After an exciting day of getting new things, they plop down next to each other and munch a little on some hay.

andiprotect.jpg

Andi, our cat,being ever so diligent in the protection of the bunnies... even if she has to protect them from herself.

andilooking.jpg

She watches them constantly and loves to see what they are up to. This is what they see when she is perched up there.

The sides we covered because they were getting pine shavingseverywhere! If this new stuff (I think it is called Carefree?) worksout better, we will remove the sides so they can see out of them. Idon't like having it blocked off, but I don't like to clean our bedroomevery 2 hours lol!

Until next time! :bunnydance:

I love your pictures!

Thank you! I will probably have more as the daysgo on lol! We took Jazz and Spazz out to the bathroom to run around fora little bit. I read on a website that exercise is good for them, butif they do binkies after not having enough exercise for a while that itcould hurt them. I didn't know this so now I am scared that they gothurt :shock:

They were binky'ing it up in the bathroom and we just sat on the floorand kind of laughed. We had never seen a bunny do that in real life, soit was pretty cute to watch. I took videos of it with my camera and Iam uploadingthe compilation of the binksto my webserver as we speak, so I am sure I will share the link as soon as it isup and running. They had probably been out for half an hour and lovedit! I just hope I didn't hurt them or they didn't hurt themselves.:dunno

I was thinking of perhaps building an NIC playpen for them, but notsure how to do that in an apartment. I would love for the cage to bewhere they sleep and then during the time we are home they could hopout of it into a playpen (with some kind of mat for easy cleaning)Right now they are small and that cage is pretty big so I am notworried right now... especially if we let them roam in the bathroomonce in a while.

Andi seems interested in them and sometimes they will sniff at her. Oneof the bunnies hopped right onto Andi's belly (On the bed) while myhusband was holding it.Andi immediately started to sniff andalmost took a little nip and the bunny was like "la de dah" so I am notsure if they are scared of her yet. We don't want her near them as sheis still quite a bit bigger than they are and her predatory skillscould kick in.

The video will be at: http://www.krystalily.com/bink.mov

I hope you enjoy it! Sorry no sound. It was taken from my digitalcamera so the quality isn't that good but you can see how happy theyare to get out! :bunnydance:

Edited to add: I will probably take that video down within a day or so until I can figure out how to upload it to youtube. :)

On youtube the url will be: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzj5agJU_v4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzj5agJU_v4[/ame]

These little guys atea ton of hayyesterday so I had to refill their little bin hay up again today. Theymunched away and now are laying down next to each other snoozing it up.

I contacted a local vet here and they said it'd be about 75 to neuter abunny so I am very relieved at that price! They've been in business for35 years and have someone who does bunny spay/neutering so I am verypleased. This means that Andi could go there as well whenever she fallsill. It's right down the street and they are open practically every day(except sundays)

I think I will give them a call sometime today or tomorrow to see abouthaving a physical exam done on the bunnies but I am very nervous abouttransporting. How do you transport them? Are there special bunnycarriers? Could i use my cat's carrier in transporting?

Oh well, questions I am sure that I could find the answers for on the internet lol!

Today they are going to come back out and run around thebathroom again once the hubby comes home. He had a ball with themyesterday. He was kind of reluctant to bring them out and said that hedidnt want to deal with the mess so I said i would. (they only poo'edonce while in the bathroom) and so he had a great time just watchingthem and petting them once in a while. They seemed to really enjoy itso might as well do it again today.

I also have another question that I think i will ask in the rabbitsonly topic. I cannot tell these guys apart. They look almost exactlythe same! Any ideas on how I could possibly tell the two apart? Thanksguys!

Well, I got to stay home with the bunnies seeingas there is no school today. I made sure that they kept getting enoughhay. Tonight I took them to the bathroom and they ran around a bitmore. I cleaned off one of the empty toilet paper rolls and put somehay inside. Boy it was funny to watch them try to squeeze their face inthere to get every last bit of hay! I then cleaned out their cage andmade sure to put an extra amount of Carefresh in there so they can digand play in it. Well, one bunny kept on digging and just did a greatbig FLOP and Seth, my husband, laughed. I told him it was called the"Dead Bunny Flop" and that they've been doing it for most of the day. Ithought I got a really cute picture of the bunnies flopped next to eachother but it seems my camera ate the picture :XIt was areally cute one too!

I'm so happy that my two boys (Yes, I sexed them today and I am certain that they are boys!) are happy buns! It's such a relief!

Earlier today, around dinner time, Seth and I went to the pet store topick up a few things for the buns. I saw that they had new bunnies.This time they had Dutch bunnies and they were soooo cute! I wanted totake one home but two bunnies is already enough! And besides, these twoare my first bunnies ever. Better wait until I have a bit moreexperience until I throw another one in the mix. I told the Dutchbunnies though that I hope they get a good home.

They are quite handsome. As for thevet issue, you can use your cat's carrier. You might want towash it out a bit just so it doesn't smell like the kitty.The carrier I use is intended for cats. I would ask the vetto sex them as well, just to double check.

I use a small dog/cat carrier, works great. In a pinch I've also used a card board box with a towell on the bottom.

You can actually start some potty training now. I alwaysstart potty training my foster babies from day one. Makes iteasier when they are spayed/neutered and less hormonal. Somewill pick it up right from baby hood and never lose it while otherswill have troubles till after puberty.

I would get a litter box, and set up the cage so that hay and food canonly be accessed from the litter boxes. I used to put onelarge litter box across one end of the cage and hang the food dish overthe litter box.

I don't know if you've read the library section on litter training yet,but here's the link in case you haven't:http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12084&forum_id=17

--Dawn

I am happy we could use our cat carrier for themwhen the time comes to neuter! We might get another carrier for thattime. My husband doesn't seem to understand that when the boys hittheir bunny puberty, they will most likely be aggressive towards eachother and sharing the carrier would be a no no.:disgust:That's what i've gathered at least from some of theposts on here.

Today I let one of the bunnies out to frolic on my bed. Of course,after 10 minutes of good solid frolicing and no poo poos or wee wees...it wees. On my side of course! :rollseyesSo I took off thesheets, made sure that the mattress was dried and now I am going to getready to head to the bank for some quarters so I can wash the sheets.

I took some pics though today of them! They were being so cute when Icame in the room with their pellets. They were sticking their nosesthrough the bars and it made me go all mushy inside!

bunnies0.jpg

mypellets.jpg

ohmomma.jpg

pooped.jpg

canicomeout.jpg

Well, that's all I have for now! I have to go before I decide to belazy and not go... and I do want sheets to sleep on for tonight. I'llsee you guys later!:wiggle

In trying to litter train our bunnies, I wentout and bought a litter bin (after buying Nature's Miracle to ensureour cat won't pee on the bed where the lil' one peed)

Here is how their cage looks now!

cleancage.jpg

Hey, what's that in the corner there?

litter.jpg

A litter tray! Mommy, are you expecting us to do something with this?

camera.jpg

Quick she's got the camera out! Time to hide!

camera1.jpg

EDITED: I put the tray next to the hay tray, moved the bottle to wherethe litter tray was, and put some hay in the litter tray. :) Hopefullythis helps!

Looks like you have a great setup going!

I love your two little guys, they are so sweet. I am craving babybunnies again - my youngest guy is 10 months, but having little teenybabies is SO much fun.

Have you figured out a way to tell them apart yet?

Also - if your guys are under 6 months (which they look like they are)- they should be getting unlimited pellets and always unlimitedhay. I just noticed you saidthey were happy to getpellets, but they should have all they can eat up until 6 months or so.

Keep up the good picture and video taking!!! They are an awesome pair!

Thanks Honey Pot! I will up their pellets thenand of course, they always get Timothy Hay! I refill when I notice itis getting low. They are such lil piggies you'd never think they werelittle baby bunnies! :brownbunnyI've been feeding them closeto 1/4 cup - 1/3 cup of pellets daily, so I will make sure they getmore pellets more often.

The only way I can tell them apart is one will let me pet them and theother one gets squirmy if I do. I am thinking of marking the inside ofone of the bunnie's ear, but I am not sure how we will be able to seethe mark since they are completely black lol!

Also, I think one of them has wider eyes than the other, although I am not sure yet.

Having them is a ball and I cannot wait until they get a little older so I can build a bigger cage. :thumbup

They are such gorgeous boys!

It looks like theyre settling in nicely. The hay in thelitterbox trick works great, good luck! It will also be easier to trainthem once they are neutered, but its good to get a start on it now.

Also, I wanted to mention that you will want to keep an eye on them asthey mature to be sure theyre not fighting. Most babies and youngerbunnies get along fine, but can fight as they grow older. Hopefully, byhaving them nuetered you wont have to go through this, but I justwanted to warn you in case.

Cant wait to see more pics!

Yes, I read they do get aggressive once pubertyhits (yay for the bunny 101 section!) and I am hoping to get themneutered before it does! If they do start fighting, it will be noproblem to seperate them and try to rebond them after they getneutered.

So far the only fighting they do is over who gets to play with the toilet roll first! :D

I am only guessing they are 6-7 weeks old so perhaps inearlyMay I will schedule their neutering and hopefullyeverything will work out well. They are dolls! I haven't gotten bitonce (knock on wood) and they absolutely are the best! They love tosniff me when I reach in and they do little hops in their cage wheneversomeone comes to visit them (which is like every 10 seconds!)

Edited: More bunny pics! This is usually how they are after eating, the lil piggies!

pitiful1.jpg

pitiful.jpg

pitiful2.jpg

Dear Rabbits Only members,

Mommy is sleeping right now and we were able to escape our home towrite to you! I don't know how we learned English, but I guess welearned it fast!

Anyways, mommy wasn't very happy this morning. I guess we stayed up toolate playing "move the litter pan" and "Tug-O-Cardboardbox" that wemade so much noise and kept her and daddy up. We were having funthough! Finally we decided to calm down and wouldn't you know aroundthe time we went to sleep, Daddy woke up and got ready to leave?heeheehee. We're so evil sometimes!

Anyways, we just wanted to say hi and share in our joy of having funlast night. Too bad we kept mommy up though, she got up later andlooked horrible! We felt bad, but only for a second!

Signed,

:bunny5Jazz and Spaz :bunny5

PS, Mommy wants to know if we are nocturnal animals, like her kitty.She was hoping we'd mostly sleep during the night, but so far we'vebeen pretty active every night since coming here. We love it here!

This has to be the best picture ever!

pitiful1.jpg

Hey there cuties!

My bunnies do the same things sometimes! You guys do like to keep usup, dont you?! Tell mommy to turn a fan on, that helps me sometimes ifmy little ones are making too much noise.!

Hope you both are having a wonderful time in your new home!

Haley

PS. Tell mommy rabbits are actually "crepuscular", meaning they aremost active in the twilight hours of both sunrise and sunset.

Bunnies have been good the past couple of days.Yesterday they were allowed to roam in the bathroom again and theybinkied a lot and came up to sniff me once in a while. They still donot totally use their litter bin, but I'm being realistic and notexpecting much of them until they are neutered.

I'm just getting a little sad. I haven't experienced any bunny licksyet. I know it's only been a little over a week, but you'd think I'dget some kind of "I love you mommy" in there. :cry2

I keep picking up their poo, cleaning up their wee wees, and trying toplay with them. Of course, perhaps if I had them out constantly it'd bedifferent but I don't want them ruining the carpet and they just do notwant to stay on my lap. They are curious lil buns and I like that inthem. I'd just like a lil lovin's once in a while.

Well, I got my Andi Kat for that, and I love ze bunnies. I just hopethey start doing bunny purrs and licks soon. I feel like I am ahorrible mom or something cause they don't do that to me.

I guess I gotta give them some time.

Hi Krystalily, you have very CUTEbunnies. I love Black Bunnies, however you'd never know thatas I have 4 white Bunnies.

We have had Wilbur & Jackie forthree and a half yearsand in that time I have gotten one kiss (on my under arm) from Jackieand I truly think that was a total loss in judgement on herpart. However her and Wilbur are so in love with each other Ireally can't get upset with the fact that I don't get kisses.To see the two of them together is really the w=sweetest thing to watch.

Susan and the Gang:bunnydance::apollo::bunny19:jumpingbunny:

Latest posts

Back