Izzy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitgirl

Reaction score
This morning her urine has returned to its normalcolor. She is eating very well ( a bit too well, she's adding chub!)and does not seem to be in pain.

No other signs of problems. The vet says cancer is still a possibility(I knew that) and that there is no definitive way of diagnosing itother than a spay. Also, that there was a possibility of the cancerhaving spread beyond the uterus if that were the case. And surgery ather age is risky, and probably a last resort.However, bothvets I talked to said that if it was cancershe would likelybe losing weight, not gaining, and would be losing generalcondition--not eating like a horse and giving herself full-body baths,in other words.

A kidney stone is actually quite a likely possibility, and apparentlyfemales have a much easier time passing them than males. So it'sentirely possible that it was indeed blood in the urine from a stone,and she may have passed it in the night or yesterday.

Porphyria (sp?) is probably very likely also--maybe most likely, sinceshe seems in otherwise good health. We've had a cold snap and this isthe right time of year for it. And Pandmonium had a bit of it a fewdays ago.

I spent a very long night worrying about her, and was glad to see her greet me enthusiastically this morning.

We're not out of the woods yet, but so far things look good. Thank God.

Rose

Here's hoping she's past the worst of it and will be fully back to normal soon :). You must have had a worrying few days.

Kate

Praying for her, Rose.

Keep us posted.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back