Ivory's Teeth

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binkies

Reaction score
Ivory's teeth have grown back from her fall. I trimmed the bottom with a Dremel. But the top is really difficult. I really dont know how to do them unless she is tranced or have 5 people holding her and her tongue down.

What do you think? Here is an old picture showing you the direction that they grow.

newpics.jpg

You dont understand. It is time for me to trim them. That is an old picture just to show the direction the top teeth grow.

Opps sorry. :imstupid

I would try wrapping a towel around her to keep her secure.
Then use a popsicle stick in her mouth to keep her tongue and bottom lip out of the way.

Just a thought ... I have no experience with overgrown teeth.

Rainbows! :)

It's actually very easy to quickly trim the teeth with small snippers (wire cutters).

Hold the mouth open with your thumb and forefinger at the sides of the mouth, which will help to hold the tongue out of the way and snip the teeth off.

You may also want to consider having them permanently removed.

Pam

We are going to have her spayed in August. The possiblility of removing those teeth is very high!

It was so easy to use the Dremel on her bottom teeth because they dont split. They just grow straight out.

I will try the wire cutters this evening when I have back up.

Rabbits withe removed incisors tend to do very well for themselves.

They have a full set of molars that do most of the work, the incisors are just for biting the food into chewable pieces.

Rabbits with out incisors need there food cut up into bite size morsals, but other than that eat very normally.

--Dawn

Latest posts

Back