Ivory

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to order a big willow tent and a willow tube, and some cardboard stuff. I also think that they'll play with their toys more. I'm somewhat dreading the noise they'll make at night...they're in my room....:shock:;)

They're getting a little over half the space they have now, I mean, seriously. Most rabbits would kill for that much space. I'm rearranging my entire room to suit them, so they get the biggest amount of space.

I'm sure you've probably done this - but have you tried just sitting or laying on the floor and reading and letting her watch you and then approach you as she wants?

Tiny was quite unsocialized when we got him but I spent hours and hour and hours on the floor and he would come up to me and either sniff me and lay beside me or climb on top of me sometimes....and he always loved to check out what I was doing. That might be something to try....although I know you're very busy. Maybe lie down w/ the treats close beside you for 15 minutes a day and let her learn to approach you?

Just a thought...

Peg

I recomend time and patience, basically what most everyone else has said before. ;)

When I got Charity, she was malnourished and had apparently been pretty badly physically abused as well. I have now had her for about two years, and while I can pet and handle her now, she will still start to hyperventalate when I pick her up, and can only tolerate being held for a minute or so before she starts to freak. She also flinches still if I touch her unexpectedly or move to quickly reaching for her.

Also, how long has your girl been spayed? They say in a couple of months that the hormones are gone, but it took Charity almost six months after her spay to lose the agression and desire to mate.

Just saw this....

Ivory's been spayed since May. It's been over six months, I don't think its her hormones.

I could be way off base, but one thing that may be affecting her "ankle nipping" could be her sight. I have recently come to understand red eyes can't see as clearly as others. I know with mine if I sneak up on her she will lunge at me but once she realizes it is my hand or foot or whatever it may be she relaxes. Sheactually lunged andbit Robert twice shortly after we got her.The way I have combated this is to speak to her before I get anywhere near her when she is out or before I open her door. Make sure she hears me and knows it's me. I also move slowly when reaching tword her.

Back