I've fallen in love

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aina

Reaction score
SmallParrot.jpg

Isn't he cute?

For labor day we went to a local theme park and zoo type thing. There was an aviary we walked in. Before this I had never been a fan of hook bills/parrotish type birds, so I didn't buy any of the stuff they were selling to feed the birds and just thought I would look at them and do a quick walk through and that was it. Apparently they knew that because as soon as I walked in a bird flew and landed on my shoulder and stayed there for a good ten minutes. He was really sweet. Then right after he flew off this little guy(or girl?) landed on me. And I fell in love. Unfortunatly I couldn't take him with me. So now I want one, haha. Any bird people know what kind of bird this one is? Probably won't get one for few years, but I always like researching future pets.

a friend of mine has a parrot - a great companion bird that loves to interact with everyone. wouldnt be able to have one meself tho' - what with dogsnbuns the back door is always open and i'd be forever worrying that parrot could escape:tears2:

looks like some kinda lorie to me.

parrots are fun...but to much a handful for me. thier like 5 year olds for 50 years

Thanks!! I found out that it is a Goldie's Lorikeet. I wouldn't have known that there was such a thing as lorikeets if you wouldn't have mentioned it.
Heh, I think 5 is the perfect age for kids, so I'd probably love a parrot-like bird.

I love lorikeets when we went to Brevard zoo on holiday a few years back, they had a walk through avairy and a lorikeet land on my hat and was trying to pinch my glasses lol!

Back