I've been busy building

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babymaker64

Reaction score
Well, this weekend I've done nothing but build, build and build. I'm making a new run that is attached to the bunny shed. I'm doing it on a budget. I've used old wood that used to be a fence. I think it has turned out pretty good. I still need to put a mesh roof on yet. It's my birthday soon and my Mum asked me what I wanted, so I told her "A roll of wire mesh" so thats what I got. :biggrin2: My sister is getting me the same so I should have the roof on soon. My kids thought I was crazy when I showed them my birthday present. :shock: My plan is to end up with a bunny shed 8' X 6' and a run 16' X 9' for less that £100 up to now I've spent £62. NOT BAD EH!
Here it is so far. When it is finished the buns will be able to come out of a cat flap that used to be a window, down a ramp and into the run.

100_0382.jpg

There is mesh all around which overlaps the ground so that they can't dig. Can anybody sugest anything that I can put on the ground to stop them digging holes all over. I saw some plastic ground mesh today. Has anyone used this?

Wow - that is brilliant! Well done, I'm sure your buns will love their fantastic new run!:D

Hmm, I'm not sure about the run floor. My girls don't really dig any more, but when they were younger I covered the floor of their run with chicken wire and let the grass grow through and cover it, so it couldn't be seen but it stopped them digging through. A very determined bunny can eventually chew through though so you'd have to keep an eye on it, but it is softer than normal wire so is nicer on their feet.:)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY... I love your bunny shed and run.... I showed it to mu husband and told him that I want that for my bunnies.... fingers crossed that he takes the hint...lol

That is so cool! :shock:

Only things I wanted to warn of were mud, poo and long grass. Often if you have bunnies just run around in the same patch of lawn all the time, their pee and poo can get a bit yucky (especially if it rains). If they poo all around there it can also go mouldy if the poo sits on top of the soil and doesn't get dug in, if it's more winter time.

They may also either eat the grass bald or not eat it at all and it can get really long and scruffy.

That's just some of the things I can across with a fixed run. You sometimes have to leave the ground alone to recover after rabbits have been on it for a long time

:cool:Nice job,as a carpenter here in the states I appreciate the fact of recycled wood and B-day presents to get the job done.At this rate you should have eneough left over from budget for a few pints,enjoy!

Latest posts

Back