It's official...I have my bun!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ceilpaws

Reaction score
My house rabbit is officially home! I brought Emmet home yesterday evening. And, as much as I thought I loved him after meeting him at the shelter, my love has grown tenfold since last night!

Emmet is everything I thought I wanted in a bunny and more. He has character and personality oozing from his pores and is just as sweet and loving as can be! Nothing ruffles his feathers and he has acclimated amazingly in the less than 24 hours that he has been home.

Last night, when I arrived home with my bun, I set him up in his cage. It's not a huge-sized cage, but has plenty of room for him to hop around, periscope, and do his business - be it eating or, well, you know ;). Since I am home a fair amount, he will have plenty of time to be outside of his cage. He'll be out a minimum of 8 hours a day. More than likely, it will wind up being 12+. But, I digress. I set him up in his cage and then opened the door to see if he wanted to poke his head out for a scritch. Not only did he want to be pet, he wanted to explore. I was cautious and let him take the lead, but I certainly didn't need to. Within minutes, he was hopping all over, chinning his new territory, and doing tons of binkies along the way! He was playful, but then would come back to me for some loving before going back to bunny business. It was amazing!

Eventually, I figured it was enough for the night and put him back into his cage where he ate his pellets and gobbled down loads of hay. Even though he is used to green veggies, I am going to hold off for a few days - especially since he left a nice, stinky, wet cecotrope on the wall when he was playing. The shelter didn't give me pellets to go home and so I am concerned his GI system is just a bit out of whack with the new environment and new food. But, he had no cecotropes left in his cage this morning and his poops look great! It's just something I'll keep an eye on. He slept through the night, though, and was ready for action this morning (that was when he left the stinker on the wall). I let him out and he played for 2 hours early this morning and he's now resting while I update you all. I'm going to let him out after lunch this afternoon to play some more, but I am trying not to overwhelm him - after all, this is only day one!

I guess you all would like to see some pics of my Emmet, huh? Well, ask and you shall receive:

NewBunny3_zps1d3158ed.jpg

NewBunny6_zpsd9f4195c.jpg

Don't worry, I'm sure there are a million more photos set to come your way. But, come on, isn't he cute?! It's no wonder I'm in love :hearts.

Oh, congratulations! Emmet is so cute! I'm so glad to hear how well he's making himself at home, and it sounds like he's taken quite the liking to you. He definitely found himself a fantastic home. :)

Cecotrope on the wall... sounds like he could have a bit of a cheeky side to him!!

Gorgeous boy. I am so happy he's home with you and settling in and that he's eating well. I did laugh at his little present, think he's got a cheeky side. Can't wait to see more pics. :thumbup::)

I'm sorry for the repost of the below pictures. But, I didn't realize they were going to upload so small. I was able to attach them a different way on another thread so I am going to do the same here. Emmet is cute in small photos, but he is absolutely adorable in bigger ones :biggrin:.

New Bunny 3.jpg

New Bunny 6.jpg

Ahh what a cute and handsome boy. I like the name you chose as well. Congrats again sounds like he is doing great!

Back