Its been awhile and I have a new addition to the family

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbgrl20

Reaction score
It has been so long since I have been on, schooland work take up most my time! I have recently added to my bunnyfamily. As some of you know I work at an animal hospital, well theother day a lady came in with a bunny and was going to euthanizebecause she did not have the money to treat him. At the end though shedecided to just take him home. The problem with the rabbit is he hasmaloclussion and an huge abscess on his jaw. When I was checking herout we were discussing the rabbit and she said she wouldn't be able totreat him. I informed her I had rabbits and she asked me to take herlittle guy off of her hands. So I did!! How could I have let her takehim, he would of been in so much pain. This poor little guy is soooskinny and losing his hair and not to mention his abscess!! I'm goingto have the surgery done and hopefully this little guy can live a happyhealthy life.

Heres some pics

Oh BBgrl, been wondering how you and Daisy were, and now you've done it again --

what an awesome thing for you to do for this little bunny. :hug:

It's making me cry. :cry4:

I sincerely hope this little guy will be okay and will have a long andhappy life thanks to your big heart. :heartbeat:

sas:pray:

Thank you so much pipp! Daisy is doing great! Iam so exicted that she did not need to have the amputation done. Shedoes great on her legs and they don't cause her any problems!! Withthis new bunny I'm hopping that when he is well that I can bond himwith Daisy, that is my ultimate goal!

Oh my goodness - how could anyone leave a rabbitin so much pain regardless of cost. Good on you for taking him in andgiving him a chance to live life to the full...poor little soul looksso miserable.

Please keep us updated - I'd love to see this beautiful boy back to a healthy happy rabbit.

Oh I could just hug you bbgrl! Seriously, you have no idea how much I want to, LOL.

:hug:

First you took in Daisy when I fell head over heals for the poor littlegirl (I still can't thank you enough for taking her!) and now you takein this guy who just melts my heart!

You are such an awesome bunny mom, I can't wait to hear more stories of him. I hope the surgery goes well to remove the absess.

Yay!!! How great of you! :great:He's so cute...Ihope he gets well quick and I'm sure he'll have a great life after thatsurgery! :hug:

Oh he is so cute! Congrats!!:bunnydance::bunnydance:

Poor little man, good luck with the abscess,I know all about abscesses here:(

Thank you all for all your well wishes. The drthat saw my bunny (his name was buck but I changed it to lumpy) is anew dr at the hospital that specialize is exotics, but I am a littlehesitant to let him do the surgery only because I don't know the extentin his knowledge in rabbits and I don't know him very well. So today Iam having the er dr take a look at him because I know him and heis a very good dr. So hopefully he'll be able to do thesurgery tonight and remove most of the abscess and file and trim theteeth to make him more comfortable. I am also doing inj of penicilinevery other day. I'll let you guys know if the surgery is done tonightand what the drs said.

Its so good to be back on here!! Thanks again!:inlove:

Some possible bad news. The dr took a look andhe thinks it might be cancer. I don't know what to do:(. Heis such a sweetie. I wasnt expecting this.:tears2: I know I've only hadhim for a couple of days and people think I am ridiculous for tryingeverything thing I can, but I am attached. I love this little guy.

Oh, you are so wonderful for taking him. Im sorry about the bad news. Can he open it up to see if it is a tumor or an abscess?

I'll be praying for little Lumpy. He is very precious. Bless you for giving him a chance.

I just talked to the dr and they just took xraysof his jaw and what they saw does not look good. She said it had almostdestroyed its lower jaw and even if they try to debride it, it couldcause the jaw to break. The only option they gave me were to prettymuch euthanize. But I dont want to...I just dont want to :tears2:

Oh no! Poor baby! And poor you :(Yourean amazing person for trying everything you can for this poor baby,more people like you are needed in this world. Best of luck to you andpoor little Lumpy!!:pray:

Thank you, I just wished the previous ownerswould have had this checked out earlier. Then it would have beenoperable, people like that make me sooo angry:mad: This poorhelpless bunny, could have had a wonderful life, but now it might becut short because of the lack of care. :cry1:

Latest posts

Back