it's been a while, quick question.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhoffman

Reaction score
Last fall I lost my whole stock of rabbits. I only had aboit 10 or so but still. Brought a brand new rabbit home and made a mistake by letting out New guy roam the rabbit area to check things out. Little sis we know our new guy was sick. Passed the disease onto our other rabbits and within two weeks the rest were gone.

So we have now gotten back into breeding. But we changed it up a bit. Rather than mini rex we are now breeding Californian and New Zealand white. My first pure Californian litter is due in 8 days. I cN not wait. And just now I am in the processing of breeding my new Zealand. I am doing to keep the doe in the bucks cage for half-hour after breeding. But my buck has now fallen off the doe 6 Times. I think I should take her out before the half hour Mark. It's only been 20 min. Haha. She was ready and willing to be bred that many Times.
In your opinion or experience how many times is too Many at one breeding time?
Thanks
Brianne

We usually pull them out after 3x and give the buck a break before breeding them again. Maybe I'm wrong but I believe after that many times the buck will be delivering fewer sperm anyway.

Latest posts

Back