It's Been A While -- Bunny Photos!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Almi

Reaction score
I haven't been on Rabbit's Only in forever! I highly doubt anyone remembers me!

That's okay though. I'm just itching to post some pics of mybabies and I don't want to annoy people on the hamster forum I go on -they've already seen all my buns!

Here's my rabbit family!

I'll start with Emmy, since she's the oldest of my three.She's 4 years old, and I've had her for a month short of fouryears. I got her from Petco - and they told me that she was aNetherland Dwarf when I inquired her breed. I found it to benot so though - she grew to 4 lbs and doesn't quite look thepart. Although I'm not absolutely certain, I've concludedthat she must at least be a Florida White/Dwarf Hotot mix - Dwarf Hototfor sure. (As you look at her pictures, you'll probablydisagree with me on the Hotot part, but she does have black right inthe corner of her left eye and onher right eyelid.Also, she has atiny spot of black righton the tipof her rightear, along with a brown spot on the inside of hernose, and two large spots on the inside of her left ear! And- you must take a look at her son!) As for her personality,she's shy or aggressive towards others and clingy to me. Shealso likes to be in her cage. She's territorial since she'sunspayed, but give her a chance and she'll give you bunnykisses! Also, her favorite veggie is celery!

Piccies!

EmmyonCage.jpg

Emmy3.jpg

Emmy2.jpg

Next is Blue, he's the second oldest. He's about21/2years old. I've had him for over a year and ahalf. He actually came from the lady that owns the flowershop in town; she was having a new baby and had no time for arabbit. Not to mention he's a pretty good sized rabbit - 8lbs. I'm thinking he's a French Lop, with maybe some otherbreed in there, such as English Spot. (Again, you're probablythinking, I don't think so! But take a look at hisdaughter!) He holds true to his name with his color and has abroken/brindled/ticked pattern. (It's weird, Iknow.) He has the chubbiest cheeks ever; the chubbiest,stubbiest little feet;and a personality to match.He's shy and sweet, and never aggressive. He loves to havehis head rubbed, and really enjoys cuddling.

Piccies!

BlueStretch.jpg

BlueCurious.jpg

Blue.jpg

Here is Emmy in comparison to Blue.

EmmyBlue.jpg

And last, but not least, Emmy and Blue's son Ollie. Yep,that's right. The two accidentally got together last spring(it involved one very naughty bunny squeezing under the bunny run toget to the other), to my initial horror, but later to mydelight. Emmy had four (what is with her and the number four,right?) little ones on Cinco de Mayo, May 5th, 2005.Unfortunately, one was killed by her, for unknown reasons, leaving uswith three little darlings. Two girls and a boy.Perhaps I'll post some baby pictures of them along with ones ofOllie. But getting back to him, he's almost a year old, ofcourse, and weighs 6 lbs, right in between his parents. Asfor his breed - self-explanitory, right? He has the sweetestdisposition. He is most definitely MY baby. He's avery intelligent, responsive little rabbit, and he loves to come outand is very well-behaved. I usually am able to let him havefree reign of our very large back yard while we play badminton orsomething, butwith a leash attached, just in case.But most of the time he comes running back to my feet if he getsscared, and and doesn't ever spook when I walk up to him. Andjust like his mommy, he loves to give bunny kisses. But forsome reason he'll only give me kisses on the lips. I mustadmit it's sweet. I also love how he's really tolerant; youcan poke and prod that bunny in any place and he wouldn'tcare. Anyways!

Piccies!

9 days old:

Ollie1.jpg

4-5 weeks old:

Ollie2.jpg

(Yes, he's been litter-trained since then. Never have had an accident with him.)

OllieHayRack2.jpg

OllieLay.jpg

3 months old - he probably looks a little different now, especially since his ears are way more lopped:

OllieHold.jpg

Ollie5.jpg

Ollie4.jpg

Also, his sisters, Olivia and Almond, respectively.

OliviaAlmond.jpg

Interesting how I was able to confirm Emmy's Dwarf Hotot inheritancewith the birth of her babes! Hope you all like the pics!

jordiwes wrote:
Welcome back! Are Emmy and Blue spayed and neutered now? Didyou keep all of the babies? Is anybunny bonded?

Keep the pics coming!

No, they aren't. But they don't come out of their cages at the same time!

I just kept Ollie, the runt of the three babieswe ended upwith. I gave Olivia and Almond to my good friend Erin -helped her get a cage and everything bunnies need!

What do you mean bonded? *cocks head*

More pics? I definitely have more of those! :D

(If it takes forever for the pictures to load for you, or you're justtoo lazy to scroll through them, go to my photobucketaccount. Type in "password" for the password to access myguest account and feel free to look around at my pet albums!http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/Almi/)

Here are pics of their cages:

Blue's cage.

BlueCage.jpg

Ollie's cage. He and his mom switched after he got bigger.

EmmyCage.jpg

Emmy's cage - that's the three babes in there in the pic. (I gave Emmya break during the day when they got older since they only nurse once aday.)

BabyBunnyCage.jpg

Baby pictures - 9 days old. So fuzzy!

The three of them:

BabyBunniesRun.jpg

BabyBunnies1.jpg

AlmondHay.jpg

Almond:

Almond.jpg

Almond1.jpg

AlmondButt.jpg

AlmondHang.jpg

AlmondNose.jpg

Olivia (aka Livvy):

Ollie.jpg

Olivia.jpg

Olivia1.jpg

OliviaTummy.jpg

Ollie:

Ollie.jpg

OllieChin.jpg

Ollie and Livvy:

TwinBunnies.jpg

Here they are at 4-5 weeks!

Almond:

Almond3.jpg

BabyBunnies2.jpg

AlmondMommy.jpg

Liv:

Olivia2.jpg

Olivia3.jpg

OliviaHayRack.jpg

Ollie:

Ollie2.jpg

Ollie3.jpg

OllieHayRack.jpg

OllieHayRack2.jpg

Here is Ollie when he's three months old. Sorry, I don't have any pics of the girls!

OllieLitterBox2.jpg

OllieLitterBox.jpg

OllieCloseUp.jpg

OllieLoppies2.jpg

OllieLoppies.jpg

OllieHold2.jpg

OllieButt.jpg

OllieStretch.jpg

And a few more of the parents.

Emmy:

Emmy1.jpg

LBEmmy2.jpg

Blue:

BlueLay.jpg

Well, that is the extent of my bunny pictures! Also, notethat the date on the camera was off. Forgot to turn thatoff. Oops!

I'm in baby heaven! :inlove:

Bonded is when two rabbits are very close friends and livetogether. Bonded couples are so beautiful. I lovewatching them snuggle and groom each other! If they're notneutered, then they have to be of the same sex. Althoughhormones can make it hard to bond because of territoriality andaggressiveness, so most bonded rabbits are spayed/neutered.Male/female neutered pairs are the easiest to bond together.

You can also bond groups of rabbits together, but it's harder.

Are you sure that's all the pictures? You don't have any morelurking on your computer somewhere? I'm addicted!

naturestee wrote:
I'm in baby heaven! :inlove:

Bonded is when two rabbits are very close friends and livetogether. Bonded couples are so beautiful. I lovewatching them snuggle and groom each other! If they're notneutered, then they have to be of the same sex. Althoughhormones can make it hard to bond because of territoriality andaggressiveness, so most bonded rabbits are spayed/neutered.Male/female neutered pairs are the easiest to bond together.

You can also bond groups of rabbits together, but it's harder.

Are you sure that's all the pictures? You don't have any morelurking on your computer somewhere? I'm addicted!

Okay, I thought so! Thanks!

MORE pictures? Check out my photobucket - I'm not lying! But I suppose I could check on my computer.... :D

EDIT:

Hah! I did find a couple more! What luck! Uploaded them on photobucket right away!

Here are some wild bunnies my little twin brothers found motherless afew years ago- had to be only a week old when they foundthem. My mom took up nursing them and here they are at about4 weeks.

Baby20Bunnies.jpg

Found three more of Emmy - but that's it!

(This is the originalof my avvy. Eh, it's shmall.)

BlueRibbonEmmy.jpg

When I just had Emmy, she lived in this cage.

Emmy4.jpg

Emmy5.jpg

Ho Almi, nice pictures.

I'm curious, I have the same cage for our daisy Mae, where did you get the shelf from ? I'd love to get one for her.

Thanks

Soooska:apollo:

SOOOSKA wrote:
Ho Almi, nice pictures.

I'm curious, I have the same cage for our daisy Mae, where did you get the shelf from ? I'd love to get one for her.

Thanks

Soooska:apollo:

Why, it came with the cage! It also had a ladder attached toit, but I removed it as it was rather flimsy and small and just took upspace...

Right now though, it's in Emmy's cage on the bottomso shedoesn't have to sit on wire all the time she's in her cage.It's too small for Blue, methinks. :D

Sorry I can't be of more help! :(

Latest posts

Back