It's a full moon or typhoon?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cher

Reaction score
I don't understand, for the past few days mygirls have been going up the walls. I think Jade has a secretpact with Jezebel about how many times she can getsprayed with the water bottle and LIVE totell about it.Ihonestly think she is doing it on purpose,shegallops, looks right at me and beelines itstraight under the chair for some serious wall nibbling-I even yelledat her last night "THINK ABOUT IT" and she froze mid gallop.Jezebel had become the lounger(they switched roles ever since Jade's bug wasexterminated )Isay HAD... last night....she was up on MY couch (we each have ourown-Jezebel and I that is) and was in full 'the devil made me do it'mode EATINGmy wall paperclouds.. Shehas become very very destructive in the past few days-and then to topit all off?

Today when I was making lunch, she decided the contents of her freshlycleaned litter box looked better spread out all over the cage insteadof in the box, I walked over and asked her "Are youcrazy? Inanswer to me, she flopped,I think she gave me "THE PAW". Afterreplacing her box, I continued on with my lunch. Only to be beckonedagain by the incessant digging, and litter a flying-

I am reallyreally itsher hormones that have taken over any sanity she may of had in thepast, and when I get back home-she is getting a definite nip and tuck(or so she thinks-"Come on Jezebel timeforsomecosmetic surgery"

That'sit, thanks for allowing me to vent

Cher

Bless your heart,Cher! Bunnies all over the board seem to be on a roll thisweek. :(

It's like having a toddler who's in theterrible twos stage and you have to keep disciplining over and overagain. Then you have to keep wrestling in a power struggleuntil the bun understands that it's really YOU that's the Alphabunny. :?

I tell you what ... I am dog tired thisweek; Sherman has really worn me down, so I know just how youfeel and have the deepest sympathy for you.

Good luck on getting the girls back into"honey bun" mode. They'll come around soon enough.:)

Ahh yes I do hope so, last night it took mealmost 3 hours to watch a 1h 40 min movie (usually, when we watchmovies, Jezebel watches me and Jade reclines on the comfy tile)

Nosuch luck on the honey buns last night, I even had a "fight" withJezebel and turned my back to her (which kinda defeated the purpose ofwatching a movie since myhead was now turned towardsthewall, but I was trying to prove a point)

LOL-also wanted to mention we had a typhoon warninghereso instead of getting it, we got thunder and lightening-Iam hoping this major change in weather along with their unexpectedbursts of hormones is making thematouch on the crazy side.........

lmao, Cher I'm sorry but it's funny!

Spice is doing the whole litter box thing too. Me and my dad finallybuilt the insulated wood boxes and painted them to protect themincase anyone decides that's a litter box
lmao.Well I nicely put a soft, cushy layer of pine shavings on the bottomand them newspaper over top. Spice ripped the newspapers out of thebox, tore it up into pieces and spread it all over his cage! Then hepeed in the box and rolled in the shavings and now has shavings stuckin his fur and a few minor mats, he hates being brushed but it's hisown fault this time! And if that wasn't bad enough, he shovedall of the shavings out of the box! It's not so easy either, Iswear he did it on purpose, there's a little quarter of an inch lipthat we have there to purposefully keep the bedding inside. I guessSpice didn't like that idea and must have spent a long time pushing allthe shavings over that. There is seriously only a few shavings left inthe box.Thankfully, he'soutside! lol. Spice nearly dug under the fence yesterday and I had topull him out of his hole he dug almost by his tail since he seemed toignore me! His tail is like a reverse button, you pull it once and hebacks up to the point you can grab his butt and pull him out. Then hegave me that "it was Mocha look" or maybe it was that "it wasn't me!"either one works. I guess he figured I didn't believe him and thenacted all lovey dovey with me and all cute and cuddly and I justcouldn't get mad!

Mocha's been surprisinglygood, I'm waiting for him to spring some plan of attack on me any daynow. The only thing he is doing, is not going to the bathroom in onespot, he poops all over which is unusual and spreads his hay all overthe cage so it gets wasted. I know, bad mom! We don't have a hay rackbuilt yet but I put it on top the wooden boxes because they don't poopthere but can jump up and still eat it.

And if they aren't bad enough, my allergies arekilling me! They are causing me so much more work that I have to spendmore time outside and near them when I sneeze all the time and my eyeswater constantly because of their hair and other outside allergens.It's killing me, I can't spend much time with them seeing as how I needto spend most of my time inside with windows closed so I can feel halfhuman, it's like a never ending bad head cold! Okay, enough venting.lol, as much as I complain, I still love them even if they aretroublesome!

Bless your heart,Laura! I'm queen of the allergies, so I know exactlywhere you're coming from. I'm so thankful that Sherman is oneof the few "things" that I'm not allergic to.

You're the best bunnymom! There are a lot of people out there who wouldn't makethe type of sacrifice that you're making for your boys. Iknow that even though they may not always express it that they love andappreciate you for all that you do.

Hugs and much respect! :)

P.S. Do you guys have a productin Canada called Claritin? I use the 24-hourformula. It used to be available here by prescription onlybut in the last couple of years we've been able to get it over thecounter.

I have many and varied allergies, andthis is one of the very few nonprescription, nonsteroidal products thatgive me relief. I'm wondering if this might help you outsome.

There is no way I'm going to let allergies stopmy from keeping my boys! I've made it through today by tying a damppiece of cloth over my mouth and nose so it filtered the air and itworked really good. This is the first year I've had allergies to thisextent, it's 90 timeworse than last year and just recentlyhas this started being so bad. At first I thought it was a cold butyesterday I was at a lake and realized how much better it was when Iwas in the water. So now it's on to try different allergy meds tofigure out what works for me, and if they don't, I'll live with it, myboys aggravate it more but even just having my window open makes mepretty bad so it's not like getting rid of them will solve anything!Life without animals is just one not worth living! lol.

P.S.- Yes, as far as I know Claritin is available here.

Back