Itchy ears?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyMomOf6

Reaction score
My holland lop has itchy ears but not on the inside of them! The insides of her ears are clean and free of mites but she has bumps from itching her ear on the outside! Any idea on what is causing this? ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1390710774.741893.jpg

Check and see if she is losing hair or you see what looks like dandruff(dry skin)..it could be furmites.

www.[B]rabbit[/B]matters.com/rabbitmites.html‎

She is not losing hair any where else nor on her ears just bumps and itching

When my rabbit had cheyletiella mites on her ears she kept scratching them on stuff. Oddly, it was only the ridge of her ears that was affected. Not all mites create dandruff.

Hmmmm it could be an allergy to something..Have you changed anything..diet..bedding??

I have her with another rabbit and the other rabbit doesn't itch her ears. You would think that the other rabbit would have it also if they were mites. It's been going on for awhile so I am thinking that she may be allergic to something

A skin allergy is unlikely. One rabbit can still have mites and the other rabbit won't pick it up. There is also a good possibility of an ear infection.

Back