It is my great displeasure to report...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myLoki

Reaction score
I went to feed them last night only to find one very stress out Loki and Lily with a tuft of Loki's fur in her mouth. Upon closer inspection I discovered more of Loki's fur all over the cage. I picked Loki up and he immediatly snuggled under my neck and relaxed. I checked him over and there was no bleeding but he has a patch of thinning fur on his back. I pulled out the exercise pen and prepped it for him to stay the night. I think I'm going to have to seperate them until Lily has her spay.

Their cages are side by side and they lay close to each other. I feel really bad seperating them but I feel like I have no choice. I don't want fighting to escalate. Loki is a very chill bunny but there is going to come a point when he starts fighting back and I just don't want to see that.

I want them to have supervised time together. Do you guys think that would be a good idea? I don't want their bond to break but I don't want them fighting either.

Suggestions?

t.

Darn. I think that's a good plan. That way they can still spend time together without Loki being hurt. You might have to do some more work to rebond them after her spay, or you might not. It will really depend on them.

How long till her spay?

Her spay will be done with my first paycheck. :) I'm going to be a coach at an elementary school. I'm really excited! School starts in August so I'm scheduling the spay for September. Hopefully, the day after I get paid.

I just put them in the pen together and Lily ran over and licked Loki's face and they lay down together. No fur pulling as of yet.

t.

aww Poor Loki :(

Sounds like a good plan, so they can still see eachother and have surpervised play time. Hopefully after her spay she'll calm down and be nice again.

You dont think something could have scared her and caused her to do that? I know Ive had one bunny attack another if theyre scared or see another bunny.

I don't know Haley. I suppose it could be possible. Their cage is in a highly trafficked area of the house. Both my room and my parent's room are being remodeled. I'm sleeping in my sister's room right now because of it. I had to put them in the living room. It's possible that something spooked her into attacking Loki but since she's been acting so funky because of her hormones it's hard to tell. I'm happy that she hasn't become cage aggressive or violent against me or my family. *crosses fingers*

I'm prepared to rebond them if it becomes necessary but I really hope it doesn't.

t. :(

Awwww, give Loki a big kiss and snuggle for me. Tell Lily that's she is still very cute and precious and give her a kiss and a snuggle to. Silly buns. Sounds like a good plan. Be sure to keep us updated.

Leslie and Oscar

Back