It has been a long time since I have been active

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julie Bunny

Reaction score
on the forum so just wanted to post a few pictures of Julie and give a little update on her. Julie is now 8 1/2 which is elderly for her breed. She is always in great spirits. The vet said that she is one very determined strong willed bunny. Julie has arthritis in her hips but never let it stop her from moving even before we got it under control with metacam, glucosamine chondroitin, turmeric and flax seed. She would crawl on her belly if she had too to get around. I have some yoga mats on the tile floors now.
Julie has always bee an overly greedy bun and goobled her food at lightening speed but since she is older she has started choking on her food. She had dental which helped with drooling but not the choking. I soak her hay in water to soften it as she just grabs huge mouthfuls of it and was choking. I make a mush with her pellets as that slows her down a bit. She seems to love the mush and water soaked hay. She eats more hay than ever but then again Julie would eat mud pies.
She has always tried to eat all litter as if it was dinner. She had to have a grate covering the litter but recently has not wanted to step on the grate even though I changed her litter box to a very low paint roller tray.
I have totally done away with any litter box and litter. I place a puppy pad where the litter box was and she toilets on that.
Here are some pictures of her.
20121202_164214.jpg

20121202_163800.jpg

20121202_163426.jpg

20121202_163207.jpg

20121202_163133.jpg

20121202_163108.jpg

aww, she's a cutie! good to hear she's such a trooper despite old age catching up with her!

She is beautiful, thanks for sharing.

It's awesome to hear about how you have changed how you care for her to accomodate for her age.

Latest posts

Back