Iszy had to be put to sleep. :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lissa

Reaction score
Saturday morning my baby Iszy was put to rest. She is no longer in pain and is with her sister Lenci now. I miss her terribly. :(

iszy1.jpg

Oh no! I'm so sorry. :pink iris::rose::pink iris:
:angelandbunny:
Binky free, Izzy.

I am so very sorry Lissa. You must be heartbroken . . .

Keeping you in my thoughts.

Pam

Here's how it happened.

Saturday morning I woke up that morning to Iszy curled up in a ball in the corner of her cage. I thought at that point that she was already dead. She appeared paralyzed from the waist down. She couldn't even stand up long enough to feed herself. It was heartbreaking to say the very least. We waited 3 hours in the vet's office before we finally saw the vet. He was of the opinion that it wasneurological (and not arthritis as he had diagnosed in the past). He wasn't exactly surewhat it was but he said that Iszy had no use of either of her back legs. He said we could either do a very risky and expensive surgery or have her euthanised. Medication wasn't even an option. She was too far along.

Thiswas the hardest decision I have ever had to make and I hope to God I never have to go through this again. Who wants to give someone else permission to kill their pet?
bummed.gif
I know that we did the right thing by taking her out of the pain she was in, but it s*cks. I feel so crappy. I am not sure which is worse...the image of her pulling herself around by her front paws or the look on her face when we turned around and left her with Dr. Death.

She was not even 3 years old.

:bigtears:

I am so sorry Lissa. :tears2:

I cannot imagine how hard that must have been for you. I am sure that Iszy appreciates you ending her pain and not putting her through a risky and painful surgery.

I bet she is watching over you now, and binkying happily with her sister Lenci.

Thinking of you, lots of love

Eve

I'm so sorry, Lissa. I think you did the best you could for her, and she knows that. You did the right thing.

Lots of love,

Angela

:pink iris:

What an awful decision to have to make at this point in your life. :( Hugs, Lissa! You care SO much for your babies, I know you did everything you possibly could for Iszy. You are right, she is up there with Lenci now and they are watching over you and your family (and family-to-be).

Bless you and yours!

Minda

Oh Lissa, I am just so very sorry. I know how much you love your babies, and this must have been the hardest thing to do. At least have some comfort in knowing that she is no longer in any pain, and is fit and well again, with Lenci, at The Bridge.

Thinking of you

Jan

Oh no! :tears2:I was just telling my kids how you would cut her hair. We were talking this morning about how some people shear their dogs and other animals and they asked about rabbits, and I immediately thought of her.

I can't tell you how terribly sorry I am for you. It's so hard to lose one and then to have to make such a decision is torture. I've always gone by the philosophy that "more pain than pleasure" is when it is time.

I'm sure you made the best decision for her.

Hi Lissa, how are you today? I'm very sorry to hear about Iszy, but I believe Lenci was waiting for her at Rainbow Bridge and they're having a great time now, running and binkying free until you see them again.

I may still have to face the same decision with Miffy in the not too distant future, but remember you did what you had to out of pure love and selfishlessness - to set her free from pain.

Dwell on what you gave her, not what you may feel like you took away by your decision. She had love and a very happy and contented life, even it was cut short. It's more than many older animals experience, and it was her time to go.

Thinking of you at this difficult time.

mummybunny xx

I am so terribly sorry hun, Binki Free Iszy. I have always loved her hair cut where she looked like a mini scottish terrier.

Lissa you did what was best for her.

Oh Lissa, I am so sorry...

Sometimes I don't know what to say, especially when the pain one is going through is so hard. Making a decision like that is truly heartwrenching, and yet you know that what you did for your little girl was the kindest choice. Sweet Iszy is looking down upon you, along with Lenci, both of them angels to watch over you. They are both connected to you; they are part of your soul family, and will always be with you in spirit.

I do believe that the end of this life is not an ending at all...it is a transition back to who we really are. In reading about near-death experiences, it seems every one who went through that 'momentary transition' and came back to tell about it had said that it was a most beautiful experience...nothing on Earth could come close to the beauty of it...and it was so very hard for them to come back. So for you, someone who loves animals so deeply, the choice to end Iszy's pain may have felt unbearable; but for her, I believe she was surrounded by love, light and indescribable love....and yes, she was most certainly greeted by Lenci when she did transition.

Sending you enormous hugs and love...

~Di

:rose:

I am so sorry............we will all miss her terribly!:sad: But now she is at rainbow bridge prancing and dancing with the angels:angel:

Oh Lissa, what a great bunny mum you are! So much love for sweet little Izzy, you did the right thing as hard as it may have been for you. Bunnies are meant to run and play and Izzy would have had a hard time doing any of those things.

My partner and I are having a minutes silence in honour of Izzy. Such a beautiful little girl. Binky free Izzy and give Lenci bunny kisses for us.

You are in our thoughts,

Michelle (crying), Mat (looking very sad), Dodge BunBun and Sooty.

Latest posts

Back