Issues with a 5 year old mini-rex (maggots, then not eating, signs of pain)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So glad to hear she's moving in the right direction. Are the poos stuck together with fur?

I didn't get a close enough look at the first bunch before they got thrown out, don't really see any hair in more recent clumps though.

She is rarely spending time under the bed now, and she's pretty active. She has begun chewing quite a bit, and is trying to eat the newspaper in her litterbox. We've given her a tree branch and a piece of plain corrugated cardboard to keep her busy.

Her appetite seems good. We've given her a very tiny amount of pellets, but mostly she is eating leafy greens (green romaine, red leaf lettuce, parsley and some carrot tops) doused in water. She drinks as well.

Her outtake is doing better, though not 100%. She still pees normally, and is defecating more frequently, though the pellets are smaller and drier than normal - what I assume was the stuff blocked up.

She appears to be getting better though, which I am happy about. I'm going to be leaving today for a week or so, so someone else will be taking care of her. I'll try to post back again once I'm around with any updates.

Thanks again, appreciate all the help,

Dustin

Latest posts

Back