Isabella

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitgirl

Reaction score
I saw Isabella today!

She is slightly smaller and more delicate than Bub, with a small narrowface and tiny feet. Her body is fairly large (she looks like mom Tank)but finer bone structure than sturdy Bub. And her ears developed aslightgray shading at the tips--we're still seeing weirdthings from this outcross, but I'm guessing they might turn back toorange next molt. Her stripe is completely gone.

She came running out of the cage, smelled me all over (I smelled likeBub!) and ran around me in circles, doing binkies to show off and beinggenerally friendly as a half-grown puppy. If you thump your handsbehind her rear end, she does a binkie and takes off. It's apparently afavorite game.

She terrorizes the big dog, Simon, using him as an obstacle course. He thinks she's evil. She LOVES to dig in blankets.

Thennnnn.....we clippedher toenails. Whooooo!!! Talk aboutJekyll and Hyde! Kicking, growling, huffing, squeaking, flipping. Weburritoed her, or I would be liberally decorated with scratches. She isliterally the worst bun I've ever clipped.

Afterwards, furious with all of us, she jumped up on the couch anddeliberately peed right on the cushion (she's littertrained!). Andgrowled at me!

So she got banished to the cage. Abram's mom opened the cage andIsabella lunged at her, the first display of aggression since they gother. She gave me the "bunny butt" treatment, growling. When I reachedin the cage, she lashed out at me too--so I grabbed her head and pushedit to the floor. She was mad but submissive then.

Wow! She is still the same headstrong Baby 1! Actually, this was thefirst time she hadn't gotten her way (she rules the house and Abram isa pushover for his bunny), and what a tantrum!!

It was funny to watch. She has a lot of personality, but needs a stronghand. Abram's mom will make sure the aggression won't go any farther.She says they have had too many animals to put up with temper tantrums.My friend Alycia is a strict disciplinarian with animals (works withhorses for a living), so I'm sure Isabella's days of "bossing" areover. I think Alycia will take more of an active role in her disciplinenow.

They love her, and overall she's doing well--but they were shocked atthe bad behavior today. She's very spoiled. I think it wasawake-up call for them.

I did get a picture of her and Abram, which I'll post when we get this film developed. I got a pic of Bub too!

Rose

What a great story. I look forward to the pictures.

:)

-Carolyn

Oh yes, still her old determined self! I shouldn't have been fooled by the reports of her being quiet!

I may bring Bub over and let them sniff each other through the cage. Nomore than that, because we don't want more "accidents"!! Baby 2 and 7together are enough!

But they both enjoyed smelling each other on my clothes today.

Rose

rabbitgirl wrote:
Afterwards, furious with all of us, she jumped up on the couch anddeliberately peed right on the cushion (she's littertrained!). Andgrowled at me!

Rose
Oh, my sweet little baby 1! :D

That is really coolthat you get to keep updated on her like that! Looking forward to thepicture!

Raspberry

Latest posts

Back