Is whinning normal?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katrina

Reaction score
Lately Katrina makes a whinning noise when Icome into my bedroom at night (which is when she gets out of her cage;always for an hour to an hour and a half before I fall asleep). Is thisnormal? She's never whinned before and does not do it any other time Icome into the room. I'm just a little shocked to hear my bunny whin andwanted to make sure she was okay. Thanks guys.

PS. She's mad at me right now for doing homework and not paying enoughattention to her so she stole my pen (luckily the actual part you writewith is not sticking out)

I think they make a wimper sound if they need to.

I'm not sure, but if I am grooming/brushing Bo and he's tired of it orsomething he will sort of "wimper" and I stop. He onlystarted this sound in the last 6 mos or so and that is when he had suchtrouble with his skin/fur. Maybe it hurt to be brushed orsomething - so I react to it as such.

I think she's "got your number" and is trying to let you know something is bugging her - "Come play, let me out to play"

Some bunnies are pretty vocal - my Nibbles will whimper/cry if she's really scared.
But it does sound like yours is trying to get your attention... ;)

Should I worry though? I kinda of thoughtbecause of the time that she whimpers that it's kind of a happy noisebecause she knows that she's coming out but I don't know much aboutrabbits yet so I wasn't sure if it was something else? Could it just beher showing happiness and excitement that she's about to come out ofthe cage? That's what it seems it could be because of the time butwhinning is a weird noise to make out of excitement

it's hard to say without actually seeing andhearing her, but from your description, it sounds liek she's both happyto see you (knowing that you're going to let her out to play) andtrying to make sure that you pay attention to her.

Bunnies are very good at attention-getting. Mine will deliberately pullon the carpet if she thinks I'm ignoring her, even though she knowsit's not OK. (A lot like what little kids do to get attention...)

yes, Katrina is good at those attention gettingthings. Like right now she is licking my fingers as I'm typing andclimbing all over the keyboard.

My cousins bunny makes a grunting-honking noise when he's excited and binking :?
my bunny has never made a sound, some bunnies seem to like to makenoise when there happy or want attention ( i wish bangbang would thatwould be cool :cool:)

Mufasa can be a little grunt box. If Ipick him up, he lets me know he isn't happy, or if I come into a roomand touch him with my foot, he will grunt. He's been a littlemoody lately, and he won't really let me pet him, but once he demandsto be petted, he can't get enough...I just wish he wanted to be pettedright now. I could use the company.

:yeahthat
I know how ya feel.... sometimes it would be really nice to have afuzzy bunny cuddle and they get into the "youcan'ttouchthis" mood itslike :sad:"bigmeanie"

Latest posts

Back