Is this what a third eyelid looks like?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bellamy+Lilah

Reaction score
Sometimes I think I've noticed my bunnies' third eyelids when they are sleeping but not really when they are awake.

I had just woke him up to check on him and make sure he was okay and for about 10-20 seconds I saw this in the corner of his eye, plus it looked like his eye was more buldged out to me. It went back to normal after about 20 seconds but I was just wondering if they normally look like this when they're waking up? I never paid that close attention to it before I guess, I'm not sure..20180712_155958.jpeg

Yes that is third eyelid, it doesn’t look particularly red or inflamed so shouldn’t be a problem, it could just be where she is sleepy, like you said :)

Yes that is third eyelid, it doesn’t look particularly red or inflamed so shouldn’t be a problem, it could just be where she is sleepy, like you said :)
Thank you so much, I didn't know if I should have been worried about being able to see it like that - big relief!! :D

Latest posts

Back