is this true?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sure hope not but I think we would have a lot of dead bunnies on our hands if it were true.;)

I guess if the rabbit was stressed about being handled and was beingpassed around from person to person the stress could cause shock whichcould cause death. I personally have never heard of that happening.

Fergi's mom

I read that once...I think it was referring toreally young rabbits and those who are still adjusting. Idon't believe it though. I have cuddled Orion and Saphy fromthe beginning and they were both about 5 wks when I got them.And none of my buns have had trouble being held during an adjustmentperiod.

Jen

i was wondering cause I read that if you holdthem to much they can die!! I was like OMG i cuddle ramona all the timeand she loves it!! hmmmmmmm:?

I suppose if a person were to pick up a rabbitimproperly, it could cause them harm. I know it is possible that ifthey freak out and try to kick they could injure themselves or breaktheir back.
I think its safe to say though, that you can continue to cuddle withyour bunny and not have to worry about harming her... especially sinceshe enjoys it :D

I could see this happening ifit was a wild rabbit , Being aprey animal in the wild ,andyone picking them up would causea stress induced stroke , thewild rabbit we didrescuehere not long agowas unapprochable for almost 2weeks and had to be sedated inorder to have him vetted ,which in turn causes a stress factor ,While baby wild rabbitsif gotten before their eyesopen would not causeas much problems , as they really wouldnt knowyou were supposed to be a preditor ,*Bare in mind I am NOTsaying find a wild new bornbunny and bring it home ! * Butas for domesticated rabbitshandling is not an issue unless theyare sick , then minimalhandling is advised.

so in closing ** Go Hug A Bunny!!!!!**

Latest posts

Back