Is this the same rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabine

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I sold a dark siamese sable ND buck. He is a BUB and I was actually hoping to find him a pet home. I am ashamed to say I did go against my principles and did sell him to someone who intended to breed him (explaining the limitations of a BUB) Bearing in mind that there are no shows etc in Ireland anyhow and most people breed for pets I justified the decision to myself.
As I was browsing idly through some for sale ads I came across this
http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/petaccessories/1432052
This is the very person I sold the rabbit to. He told me he was only starting out in rabbits and even wanted to pay me for a female which I didn't have at the time (so I refused)
I know the rabbit I sold was "ugly" but was he as ugly as the one in the picture (the one in the background) I don't have great pictures of him as he wasn't much of a poser and I knew he didn't have a show carrier ahead of him.
This is Jack at around six weeks
Image03020.jpg

Does anyone think it's the same rabbit?

To me it doesn't quite look the same. The rabbit in the background of the picture almost looks like an otter of some sort with the light tone under it's chin (unless its just the sun from the pic). And overall looks lighter than the one you sold...but I'm not sure.

:-/ Idk, it would be quite a shame if it was the same rabbit though.

CoolWaterRabbitry wrote:
To me it doesn't quite look the same. The rabbit in the background of the picture almost looks like an otter of some sort with the light tone under it's chin (unless its just the sun from the pic). And overall looks lighter than the one you sold...but I'm not sure.

:-/ Idk, it would be quite a shame if it was the same rabbit though.
I was wondering too if it was the light or if there was a lighter tone under the chin.
The head shape of the rabbit in the for sale ad is rather awful for a ND and I'd be pretty shocked if my fellow looked like that now. He was a BUB but I would have thought his features were somewhat less pointed.
I am really confused now and don't know how to deal with this person should he approach me for a doe.

Thank God for that. I don't know what i was thinking. I still don't like the idea of him suddenly selling rabbits only weeks after buying one from me.

Sabine wrote:
Thank God for that. I don't know what i was thinking. I still don't like the idea of him suddenly selling rabbits only weeks after buying one from me.
Maybe He likes the shaded one you sold him better, because agoutis aren't as cute. That Chinchilla looks nice though.

pamnock wrote:
I agree - it's an opal. Not the same rabbit.
I have realised opal is a colour I am totally unfamiliar with. What is it related to I wonder?

lelanatty wrote:
Sabine wrote:
Maybe He likes the shaded one you sold him better, because agoutis aren't as cute. That Chinchilla looks nice though.
I did think the one in the front didn't look bad at all. Of course I'd feel flattered if he preferred my buck but he told me my rabbit was the first one he ever had and it seems odd that a few weeks after he ends up purchasing two more and selling them on straight after. I wonder if he even still has mine.:(
I won't be offering him a doe and if he gets in contact I will have to ask him about the ad.

Maybe he does still have yours. It seems suspicious. Like in the photo there might be other animals around (wire). Maybe he already bred rabbits but didn't want you to know he has a lot of them or something?

Can I ask where about in Cork he is?

Someone in Cork (though a woman) has contacted me a couple of times asking if I have any baby rabbits, saying she'll buy them all for a low enough price and sell them on for more. But I wouldn't want them going to someone unless I had talked to them first to see what they're like and to give them good advice, and why would I sell them cheaper for her to make money . . .

Just thought I'd update this:
I got to talk to the person I sold my rabbit to and mentioned that I saw the ad. It turns out his father had bought them for him but he wasn't sure about their background for breeding so he sold them on. It's kind of plausible and I have no reason to doubt it. In fact it's probably a good think that he didn't go and pick up any old rabbit to breed with mine but is waiting for a doe from me.:)

Latest posts

Back