is this stuff safe

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zkeaton

Reaction score
image.jpgimage.jpg
i bought this but now realized she might not be able to inject it

Rabbits should not be fed any cereal. It is full of carbs.

"Don't feed your rabbit cookies, crackers, nuts, seeds, breakfast cereals (including oatmeal) or "high fiber" cereals. They may be high fiber for you, but not for your herbivorous rabbit, who's far better able to completely digest celluose ("dietary fiber") than you are. Fed to a rabbit, the high fat and simple carbohydrate content of "naughty foods" may contribute to fatty liver disease, cecal dysbiosis, obesity, and otherwise cause health problems. "

Proper Rabbit Maintenance Diet

A rabbit should stick with only hay, some veggies (check out House Rabbit Society's list of what's okay for them), some pellets and limited fruits.

Other than that, if it does not fall within those categories, you should not give them to your rabbit.

Last edited:
Yes, pellets are fine as long as you're not overdoing it. I feed mine 1/4 cup or less each day. I use them more of a treat for her.
Mine get 1/4 cup per like 5 pound , so my 10 pound bunny gets 1/2 cup.
That's alright , right?

Mine get 1/4 cup per like 5 pound , so my 10 pound bunny gets 1/2 cup.
That's alright , right?
From what I was told by my vet, it's 1/4-1/2 cup per 6 lbs but you should be okay. I ration the amount throughout the day so my rabbit doesn't eat it all in one sitting. I personally use them more like treats.

A rabbit should stick with only hay, some veggies (check out House Rabbit Society's list of what's okay for them), some pellets and limited fruits.

Other than that, if it does not fall within those categories, you should not give them to your rabbit.

yeah i gave her 1/4 cup of pellets this morning and some romaine and parsley! she has 3 areas to eat hay from too! i've been using baked dried apple for treats every few times she comes when i call her name!

No, this is not safe please only feedlots of hay and rabbit food with good fibre level min 19% and low calcium, protein 13%. Greens/leafy vegs one handful a day. Never give her human food.

No, this is not safe please only feedlots of hay and rabbit food with good fibre level min 19% and low calcium, protein 13%. Greens/leafy vegs one handful a day. Never give her human food.

yeah i know that now... i thought like cause they were plain and stuff but now i know thats not the case... thank you for not letting me feed that to missy...

I know we all learn when I got my first rabbit I thought I'd feed him bread and carrots :)) Thankfully I did some research before starting feeding him that all :))
I think you are doing good, I really liked your housing very spacious, :)

I know we all learn when I got my first rabbit I thought I'd feed him bread and carrots :)) Thankfully I did some research before starting feeding him that all :))
I think you are doing good, I really liked your housing very spacious, :)

thank you! when we get the second pen, it'll be twice as big!

In case you didn't see it on another post, go easy on those dried apples slices. They may be smaller than fresh apples slices but still have the same sugar as a fresh slice. One or two slices per day should be max.

I also suggested on the other thread that you not feed any fruit tomorrow since she had a half banana yesterday and lots of apple slices today.

In case you didn't see it on another post, go easy on those dried apples slices. They may be smaller than fresh apples slices but still have the same sugar as a fresh slice. One or two slices per day should be max.

I also suggested on the other thread that you not feed any fruit tomorrow since she had a half banana yesterday and lots of apple slices today.

yeah it might be a few days on that note... thank you

Back