Is this safe to sue as a hay rack?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whiskerz

Reaction score
Would this be safe to use as a hay rack> I have a brand new one I never used and its a pretty good size. Its the same one show in the picture. Its metal with a hard rubber green coating over it. I was curious because I know when my bunny will eat hay from it, he will most likely chew the bar's as well and I didn't know if it was safe for him to do that since it has a hard rubber coating over the wire.

feederwire-1.jpg

I plan to use 1 ft panels of 1x1 cage wire to make hay racks, my self. I think that coating might cause issues if swallowed. You should be able to remove it with an exacto knife.

I went out to tractor supply and bought a hay rack for bunnies, just to be on the safe side. I am not using the one I am asking about.

thanks for the comments.

Just wanted to say that I have five of these and only one bunny has significantly tried to chew it up, but with no ill effects. I took the chain off and just clip it shut with a leash clip, my bunny Popcorn loves to throw hers around. :p

I would tend to think that would be more of a toy that you could fill up with hay. If that's the same size suet feeder that I have it's not really large enough to be used as a hay rack.

they come in two dif sizes,,and their cheap too from Walmart..,my friend uses these for her bunnies and they work great...i havent tried them myself cuz i already have hay racks .

Latest posts

Back