Is this safe for my bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ravishing

Reaction score
Meet Penny:

IMG_0169.jpg

According to the wonderfully helpful posters here on rabbits online.. she is a 3-4 month Holland lop :)

I received this in a bunny starter kit.. can I give it to her?

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

=)

thank you!

Mineral stones are not really good for rabbits. When I took Amelia to the vet for her pre spay check up, the vet said to get rid of the stone I have (I didn't buy it) as it can cause issues if they eat it in a short time. My rabbits have never showed any interest in mineral stores anyway.
I would not give it. If you are feeding a good pellet, they won't need salt or mineral stones or supplements.

Korr_and_Sophie wrote:
Mineral stones are not really good for rabbits. When I took Amelia to the vet for her pre spay check up, the vet said to get rid of the stone I have (I didn't buy it) as it can cause issues if they eat it in a short time. My rabbits have never showed any interest in mineral stores anyway.
I would not give it. If you are feeding a good pellet, they won't need salt or mineral stones or supplements.
I agree

far too much calcium - there is a strong link between excess calcium and bladder issues, like bladder stones, sludgey urine etc

Latest posts

Back