Is this run enough room for 2 bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

l.lai

Reaction score
1 small Netherland Dwarf
1 medium sized Mini Lop

Both will get 3-4 hours out of play pen time.

Bought from:

http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/rectangular-pet-playpen-125-80-70cm/

Stats:
  • Rectangular Pet Playpen.
  • A portable area for your pets.
  • Great for use at home.
  • Suitable for puppies and small dogs, and other small animals.
  • Excellent for isolating sick / injured / in season or pregnant dogs and small animals.
  • The sturdy construction of this Playpen makes it suitable for limited travel applications.
  • 4 panels with built in gate for easy access.
  • Weighs 18kg – sturdy, stable construction of metal with coated finish.
  • Total dimensions – 125cm long x 80cm wide x 70cm high.
  • Minor assembly required – panels slot into place.
  • Breaks down into panels for easy and space efficient storage.

moz-screenshot.png
product1_14860.jpg

product2_14860.jpg

product4_14860.jpg

Someone else's image (not mine):
e973f1a412e7e220e6d04b4418c0c9f7_1.jpeg

By the looks of the image above it should be more than fine for two bunnies during the day when im not home? I may use a piece of wood to add a 2nd floor half way up later down the track.

That looks like the size of the one i made for my three boys. They were fine most of the time, just on occasions someone would cross a line and they would fight in that small space.

I have something like that myself and personally I find I would prefer it a bit larger for Sox (Dwarf x) as she likes to play with empty boxes and with boxes inside, sure lack of room.But way better than being caged inside a hutch all day. Mine looks bigger though and can be made into all sorts of shapes.

Becareful with the gaps, looks kinda like mine and Sox managed to squeeze through it at 8 weeks of age (don't know about now though) so I've had to put plastic chicken wire on the outside.

A lot of the pet shops and City Farmers and Better Pets & Gardens sells these. May be easier to judge to visit these shops than to buy online.

Cheers, Carol

What you mean someone would cross the line?
You had 3 boys bonded together?

Usually fights would start around feeding time and would only last for a lap around the cage.

I have four now. they are doing well. the youngest is only 3 months, the oldest is almost a year now.

l.lai wrote:
What you mean someone would cross the line?

You had 3 boys bonded together?

Depends on the individual rabbit. I have intact males that will fight with everyone, males that will fight but only with certain males, males that get along with most others, males that run away or submit if confronted, 2 males that are always together but also spray and mount each other (don't know if I would consider that bonded.) Some males get along until there's a female around.

BTW if you add a second level you may want to also add a cover because it's an easy hop for some rabbits to go out of the pen.

Ahh thats good advice, well i have to get this new pen first! Exciting times! It'll be arriving in the next few days!

Latest posts

Back