IS THIS RIGHT???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Briggers

Reaction score
Although I would take him/her off the banana and apple. I know you want to make sure its eating something, but you will then risk other stomach problems. Sugary foods don't get digested properly (e.g. carrot, apple, banana, bread) and basically stagnate in one of their stomachs. I've had a rabbit die from this when I left her with someone who fed her carrots, apples etc. You need to make sure they are fed lots of hay, grass and roughage.

Barbies has had gas (she is all better thanks to infacol and tummy rubs) i was giving her (as an emergency) apple and banana blitzed together, just to get something in her as she hadnt eaten anything and i got told the above.

I thought that it was fone to give fruits on occasion???

Much love xxx

Briggers wrote:
I thought that it was fone to give fruits on occasion???
Yes, it's OK to give small quantities of fruit on occasion, as a treat or to coax a bunny who won't eat to try something. The problem with fruit is sugar, and if rabbits eat too many sugary foods it throws off the balance of microbes in their digestive system.

A small slice of apple or banana or a berry or two shouldn't pose a problem now and then.

Thanks, i was worried i was making my bunnies ill.

xxx

Ditto Mike. My rabbits get fruit but in small amounts.

Latest posts

Back