is this poop normal?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butterz

Reaction score
It isn't pellet poop. Its is kind of black, looks soft and is like a lot of little black balls put together. He seems fine. He's in the bathroom running around and kinda sniffing and relaxing. But I havent seen him poop pellets since I cleaned out his cage this morning.

What you are describing is called cecotropes. They are special nutrient rich poops that rabbits normally ingest straight from the bottom, so we usually never see them unless they miss one or there are health problems causing them to not eat them. If it's just an occasional one left behind, that's usually ok, but if it starts happening frequently or they start looking less formed and more pasty, then there could be a health problem going on that needs to be addressed.
http://www.therabbithouse.com/diet/rabbit-droppings.asp

Keep an eye on the fecal poop. If your bun goes too long without pooping, and/or stops eating, there is likely a digestive problem and your bun may need to see the vet.

Exactly what JBbun said... They eat them to finish of their diet and get all the good nutrients to finish their diet!

No he hasn't stopped eating. He's having a little carrot. And he's eating his pellets. I just had him out for a couple of hours and all he did was run around and have a ball. But no poop anywhere around the room. Or pee

Just checking up on this thread - has Butters been having normal poops since your last post? I hope he's doing well. :)

Back