Is this okay for my bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stone_family3

Reaction score
We recently bought a juicer and there is a waste compartment, we're only juicing organic veggies and nothing that the rabbit can't eat anyways. Would it be okay to feed the waste to the rabbit? It's very dry and not wet hardly at all.

if you juice non-leafy greens, keep in mind that those should be limited to 1 tbsp per 2 lbs body weight per day normally, and somewhat less if they've been juiced since they'll be more concentrated ;)

I will keep that in mind, most of it is whole carrots, spinach, kale, cilantro, parsley, basil, mint, apples, strawberries.

Actually, if you are just feeding the waste product from the veggies and fruits, it would be less concentrated, with less nutrients and mostly pulp, so you should be able to feed a little bit more than you would normal fruits, but you still probably won't want to overdo it, and if there are things in there that your rabbit isn't used to, you will want to start out with small amounts to make sure it doesn't give your rabbit an upset stomach.

Sounds like a good idea. I think that someone else mentioned it but, you could use the pulp to bake things for the rabbits with. Might turn out really good and tasty.

Thanks everyone, I fed her some yesterday which was mostly kale, celery, a bit of apple and some carrots. She loved it, guess I'll save some for her and give the rest to the chickens.

Latest posts

Back