Is this normal??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cookiemonster

Reaction score
So with Cookies babies there is one (the buckskin baby) is half the size of the others. The other 6 are all the same size. is it normal for just one to be smaller?? she was the same size as the others when born...

Keep a close eye on it. It is probably a runt. Keep it mind that it may not make it.

Some people have tried supplementing those babies with extra meals from mom or with milk. I don’t think we ever tried to intervene. We let nature take its course with runts because we were breeding for show bunnies and future breeders. It was important that we had healthy and strong babies to bring into the breeds population. We had quite a few runts that ended up catching up to their siblings as they grew and did just fine

If it’s 8 weeks old today then I should be perfectly fine, just is a lot smaller then the rest. Might have smaller genes so that is why it is small. Could you send a photo?

I would have personally kept her with Mom until 10-12 weeks but She may be just fine especially if she’s made it this far. Just tell them to be extra careful with her diet and make sure she is getting a good pellet with lots of hay. They also might want to wait longer than normal to give veggies until she has gotten much bigger and more developed as well

She’s a cutie I’ll give you that! Looks like a dwarf...but otherwise she’ll be fine I reckon. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back