Is this Hormones?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PolishRabbitmama

Reaction score
My Seffie Bun is about 4-5 mos old. Lionhead. See avatar. So tonight I took her out of her cage. No problems there. I brought her out of onto our bed like always. She was hopping around and within the first few minutes she nipped my hubby's back 2x. Then she was digging on his blanket which he was under and he nipped him again thru the blanket. The whole time she just booped me no nibbles at all. Then before I put her up she went up to his arm and nipped him again. Thankfully no skin breaks but she was sweet to me. And usually she enjoys her daddy. Do you think her hormones are kicking in or was she just being bratty as daddy was leaving her alone.

Very unusual, maybe daddy smelled like food? Hormonal behaviour involves grunting, circling, and spraying pee. Hormonal rabbits may be aggressive, but generally do not randomly bite unless you are annoying them or smell like food.

Sounds like the nips Bugsy gives when he wants attention, though he is really good at keeping to our clothes, not our skin. But, summer's coming up, so there will be less clothing to bite.
Anyway, if she was being ignored when she usually isn't, that is probably it (in my opinion anyway).

Yeah she was being ignored by him. Daddy doesn't feed her, I'm the only one really who goes in her cage to get her. But yes he was under the cover taking cat naps while I was playing with her and she didn't like him no paying attention to her. She's usually sweet except when she decides she's ready to go in her cage. Guess I need to start putting down a blanket on the floor for her to run around on. As Daddy wasn't happy about her love nips.

Latest posts

Back