Is this grass ok?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_20200423_025925.jpg
So we are in a lockdown and can't get hay online or from store. And getting vegetables that rabbit likes is also hard. I can find only spinach and coriander leaves. Is that ok to feed if i mainly feed him the grass shown in the image attached which is from my neighbour lawn. I am giving him mostly that grass to eat and he likes it a lot. Idk if its ok to feed only one grass

View attachment 46865
So we are in a lockdown and can't get hay online or from store. And getting vegetables that rabbit likes is also hard. I can find only spinach and coriander leaves. Is that ok to feed if i mainly feed him the grass shown in the image attached which is from my neighbour lawn. I am giving him mostly that grass to eat and he likes it a lot. Idk if its ok to feed only one grass
Yes, you can give grass. Ideally it should be introduced gradually of course. Make sure it is not treated and wash it.

The grass is ok. Any kind of grass is. As Diane R already said, introduce it slowly over a week or so if your bunny isn't used to greens. start with a finger sized bunch twice a day, and add another one each day. Watch the poop, if there's any diarrhia go back to hay (Quite unlikely to happen)

If you have access to grass, you can make your own hay, if weather permits.

I also second that no grain is needed. Unless you want to get them to butcher weight soon. They sure like it, but they really don't need the calories, and whole grain can cause teeth issues. If you have to supplement a rabbits diet because it's getting skinny, kitchen oatmeal or rolled oats is a good choice, good composition, easy to digest and chew.

The grass is ok. Any kind of grass is. As Diane R already said, introduce it slowly over a week or so if your bunny isn't used to greens. start with a finger sized bunch twice a day, and add another one each day. Watch the poop, if there's any diarrhia go back to hay (Quite unlikely to happen)

If you have access to grass, you can make your own hay, if weather permits.

I also second that no grain is needed. Unless you want to get them to butcher weight soon. They sure like it, but they really don't need the calories, and whole grain can cause teeth issues. If you have to supplement a rabbits diet because it's getting skinny, kitchen oatmeal or rolled oats is a good choice, good composition, easy to digest and chew.
He eats only greens and hay. But i ran out of hau so i m giving him grass now.
And is it necessary to make hay if i can provide him with fresh grass everyday. But he can't graze due to dogs cats and.monkeys. so i cut the grass for him

That's ok. If you feed grass that's fine. Hay is just easier to store, and doesn't need to be replaced 1-2 times a day.

View attachment 46865
Yes! It is totally fine! Make sure it isn't sprayed with pesticides. Also wash it. Introduce it slowly.

Latest posts

Back