is this good alfalfa hay for youngins?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would imagine it's fine. Most hays are good, I just look at the bottom of the bags before I buy them to see how much of that dust there is, I try to get as little of that as possible.

I haven't personally tried it,well my buns haven't:p. Anyone tried this brand? Zupreem?

I'm sure it's fine. I haven't used that brand myself, since they just recently started selling it. Check to see how dusty it is.

Although lots of farmers are selling hay right now and alfalfa is the easiest to find. A 40 lb bale usually costs less than $5, and if you can't store that much then just take what you need and give the rest to a shelter. Plus farmer hay tends to be fresher and less dusty.

Baby bunnies do just fine with Timothy hay, there really is no need to feed a baby bunny alfalfa hay if they are getting an alfalfa based pellet.

:)

Hi,

Zupreem is very well known in the exotic animal world and many of their products are used with wildlife. They offer a product called Monkey Biscuitsthat are afavorite of squirrels, sugar gliders and other rodents. I have used many of their avian products and have found them all to be of highest quality and the birds eagerly ate all their products. I would expect nothing else from this hay. I have e-mailed them personally asking about buying in large quantities. That is how confident I am in that company. And they have always been very prompt in answering my e-mails. I have seen this hay in some pet stores and it looks to be high quality. I haven't bought any since it is not economical for me to buy in such small amounts. But if I needed hay in small amounts...I would have no problem using this hay.

I do feed our younger buns lots of alfalfa hay. I have also weaned hundreds of cottontails on alfalfa and other rehabbers have commented on how solid and muscular my cottontails are. We do feed all our rabbits..including adults....a small amount of alfalfa every once in a while as a treat. We also use it for sick or injured rabbits that need the additional digestible energy.

Randy

Randy

undergunfire wrote:
Baby bunnies do just fine with Timothy hay, there really is no need to feed a baby bunny alfalfa hay if they are getting an alfalfa based pellet.

:)

Exactly what I said earlier, inanotherhaythread after Spring's:D.I agreed with her as I agree with you, Amy:D.

Same diff, either alfalfa pellets and timothy hay or timothy pellets and alfalfa hay:).

Latest posts

Back