Is this everything I'll need for a bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So at one rabbitry that I was thinking about getting a bun from, they sell a cage kit along with the bunny.

Tell me what you think about this list:

Complete Rabbit Cage Kit
Everything you need for your bunny's new home!

Price: $125
Only 1 left!

cagekit1.jpg

jadestar.jpg
Attractive Bunny House (29"L x 17"W x 23"H)
has two doors, a slide out tray and castors for
every convenience. This cute home is already
assembled and move-in ready!
jadestar.jpg
32 oz. Water Bottle
jadestar.jpg
Bunny Litter Pan
jadestar.jpg
20 oz. Twist-And-Remove Food Crock
jadestar.jpg
Hay Rack
jadestar.jpg
Nature Ball Chew Toy
jadestar.jpg
Peeled Willow Basket Chew Toy
jadestar.jpg
Jingle Ball and Wagon Wheel Toys
jadestar.jpg
14 Liters CareFresh bedding
jadestar.jpg
2 Gallons Organic Farm-Cut Timothy Hay
jadestar.jpg
5 lbs. Growing Rabbit Food Mix for Bunnies 5 Months and Younger*

Hand-mixed combination of Manna Pro, Calf Manna and Rolled Oats
Enough feed to last your bunny approximately one month!

*Can substitute 5 lbs. unmixed Manna Pro for Rabbits 5+ months old, please advise us ahead of time.

If your bun had a pen around that cage and a floor in it its not good for buns to stand on wire.

I think that may be a good start. But my 2 pound netherland dwarf cage is three times that size. And it alomst to small but he has free rome of the living room. All day and night even when where not here now.

The supplys are great but that hay will only last you about two weeks a week in my house. With my bun but he does not get vegy his gut cant handle it for some reason.

I think I NIC cage would serve you alot better for cheaper

This is Storm cage its

28 inch by 28 inches and 42 inches high and he has 700 spuare feet of house to run in also

SDC11609.jpg

This cage cost me 40 bucks to build and that is on the high side as i paid 18 bucks for my box of grids. The cardboard is the box the gris came in and I jut used blanket around my house. Oh the floor was another ten.

A piece of plie wood with indoor outdoor carpet staple gunned to it. Storm is not a carpet chewer

Hope this helps

Kat:bunnydance:

And where are you gettin this cage from?

I would say this pen would be a better choice if you cant get NIC panels

http://www.petco.com/product/10792/Marshall-Pet-Small-Animal-Pen.aspx?CoreCat=SmallAnimalFC_CagesHabitats

The rest of that stuff would not cost you over 35 bucks so you would save a lot of money there.

And here is the other Store

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2751767

and heres even a bigger cage then your looking at

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753342

I dont in anyay suggest this cage but it still cheaper then that suposed deal.

I think a nice pen or NIC cage would be best

Mrs. PBJ wrote:
This is Storm cage its

28 inch by 28 inches and 42 inches high and he has 700 spuare feet of house to run in also

SDC11609.jpg

This cage cost me 40 bucks to build and that is on the high side as i paid 18 bucks for my box of grids. The cardboard is the box the gris came in and I jut used blanket around my house. Oh the floor was another ten.

A piece of plie wood with indoor outdoor carpet staple gunned to it. Storm is not a carpet chewer

Hope this helps

Kat:bunnydance:

And where are you gettin this cage from?
I like your cage! I have a small room, so I don't have space to build a massive rabbit condo, but I like how you built UP instead. I just might do that.

Oh, and this cage would be from a rabbitry selling a rabbit I was considering buying.

My cage takes up a orner of my office not much room at all when I was moving I need a smaller cage and Ali I think it was her if not anyone can correct helped me figure this one out.

I dont think that cage is a deal.

I mean a bog of hay that size cost me 10 bucks.

all the toys dont cost over ten buck mabye 15 if you go to a epensive place.

My crock for water and food bowl did not cost me over 3 bucks.

And I use hay in my buns litter box now so that included. That cage could not cost more then 30 bucks. Even if you cut everything high it still should only cost you around 80 bucks.

My cage is two grids wide by three grids high. At one point I had it right next to my bed. Like a night stand

Even in this thread this cage could not of taken more then one box.

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=50968&forum_id=1

And its Still bigger the the pet store cages

Sorry so many post just trying to throw you so ideas

And save you some money in these times we all could save some money.

And just so you know Storm played more with the boxes those toys in that kit came in then the toys

You guys are right. I cave, I'll make a NIC cage. But I still want a playpen because I don't want my bun chewing through my cables and I have too many to use critter protectors on each one. O_O I really loved the cardboard floored cage and the fleece floored cage. If I had to make one, those are the one's I'd choose from. :D

But won't the bun pee out of the sides of the cage?!

Storm does not but he is completly litter trained now.

If your bun is not littler trained I would start litter training early.

Its not just the bigger cage its also the price of the cage.

I dont want you to feel like I am presuring you at all.

A lot of people use Cloraplast its the same thing the big signs are made of.

Like the sign they usewhentheres a election.

happatk wrote:
I went out and bought some wire organizers today. I just need to get another box of the because I don't think I have enough. : /
I would ty to build one out of what you bought so you konow how many you need.

I finished the cage! My hands are really sore, but I did it, woo! Now I just need to put all the food, etc. in the cage and get a bunny. ^_^

The latter, though, may be the hardest part.

happatk wrote:
You guys are right. I cave, I'll make a NIC cage. But I still want a playpen because I don't want my bun chewing through my cables and I have too many to use critter protectors on each one. O_O I really loved the cardboard floored cage and the fleece floored cage. If I had to make one, those are the one's I'd choose from. :D

But won't the bun pee out of the sides of the cage?!

Not every bun is a chewer..and then you get ones like my boy who is trying to everything and then some...I have my house set up in such a way now that I don't have to worry so much about the cords. The bedroom & bathroom doors stay closed, we made a gate out the NICs for the kitchen ...so it is just the hallway and living room now. I have a few panels I velcroed together to fit how I need them to be on the side of my tv (52in) so no bun can get to it. It isn't the best looking thing, but not an eye sore either. 2 other wires I have running from tucked in the back of my couch going straight across in the air. Simon couldn't stand that tall....neither will Isabella.

I use random NIC panels to block, hide or to prevent entrance...now if only that would work for my bed lol... thinking of building a cage in my bedroom but want to seal off under my bed....eh we will see...has a lot to do with maybe becoming a foster bun mom...

Depends again on the bun...maybe & maybe not. Maybe for some marking, maybe because of the age, some to be brats...but it gets way better when they get fixed.

Fancy77 wrote:
do u have pics love to see the gud job u did :)
Yup yup yup!

3961161976_449e864d23.jpg

I already have some "toys" like apple branches and a ball in there.

3960387859_fe662f4d89.jpg

This is what it looks like from outside my room door. As you can see, my room in freakin' small and I'll have to shimmy past my future bun's cage to get into it, but it will be soo worth it. :D

3961159044_8d4767f6cb.jpg

Side view of the cage. The floor is a really thick outdoor carpet that I got from Target for $20. I surrounded the cage with cardboard to keep stray bun pee from ruining my bedsheets or the paint on the wall. I also put the door behind the cage because otherwise, I wouldn't be able to get into my room.

3961158016_311aa5c6ec.jpg

Oh, and I haven't added the little bun stuff I bought already, like the litter pan, etc.. I'll do that later. :p

OH that is nice u really did a great job and the nice thing about NIC is u can always rearrange or add on...*pats on the back*

Latest posts

Back