Is this blood?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrazyChickenGirl

Reaction score
I came into Bullet’s pen to find this on the floor.5CE81DAF-0AA4-4FFC-B594-B9771D0E557C.jpeg
At first I thought it was blood, but I know rabbits can have really reddish pee so I wiped some up with some moist toilet paper.44758753-2E35-4D8A-9FE6-FCB92B7DCA5C.jpeg
It doesn’t really look like blood on the toilet paper, and I looked over Bullet and couldn’t find blood or an injury anywhere on him. Should I be worried?

Really hard to tell due to the floor shading and how long its been there. If you haven't cleaned it all up, you can drop a few droplets of hydrogen peroxide on a stain and if it fizzes, that indicates blood.

Really hard to tell due to the floor shading and how long its been there. If you haven't cleaned it all up, you can drop a few droplets of hydrogen peroxide on a stain and if it fizzes, that indicates blood.
Peroxide will still do that to urine.

Looks more like pee. Monitor and if it keeps happening you have have to ensure there isnt a UTI

Also one simple rule is to monitor the Bunny and look for any behaviour change: decreased eating, not drinking (or the opposite, drinking too much), less active etc...

And why i'm not answering the initial question: I'm not that experienced to decide. (Sorry)

EDIT: Sorry, one thing came to my mind: How about sending the photo an "exotic-vet" (One that familiar with bunnies) and let them comment on the photo? You can always tell them that you don't want to stress the animal if it's not necessary, and the photo is basically "free to send", and as a worst case scenario they will tell the same: "can't decide".

It happens every once in a while with him. Although this is some of the brightest red yet. Should I take him to the vet? I’d have to use the emergency money that I have saved up for him.

Also, thanks everyone for the help thus far!

Peroxide will still do that to urine.

Looks more like pee. Monitor and if it keeps happening you have have to ensure there isnt a UTI
Oh really? I have not noticed that. Thank you for the information. Is there a differential between fizzing intensity when hitting just urine relative to blood?

Latest posts

Back